Women Shopping in Pyjamas. GTFOOHWTBS-R

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Observing this too much. To me, implies unwashed. No excuse, esp. @ 13:30 hrs.

Is this commonplace in the U, S and A?

Comments

• J i m s t e r said:
    Is this commonplace in the U, S and A?

regrettably, yes.

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=28900&highlight=pajamas+pyjamas

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Practically a uniform in some parts of USA, mostly college towns. I'm actually OK with wearing PJs or gym clothes or more forgiving fabrics on weekends -- as long as they are put on clean, not just continuing on with whatever you wore to bed. There's something to be said with cleaning up after a shower and putting on some crisp track pants and a sweatshirt or whatever -- comfort in style.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Practically a uniform in some parts of USA, mostly college towns. I'm actually OK with wearing PJs or gym clothes or more forgiving fabrics on weekends -- as long as they are put on clean, not just continuing on with whatever you wore to bed. There's something to be said with cleaning up after a shower and putting on some crisp track pants and a sweatshirt or whatever -- comfort in style.

I can't hate on Yoga Pants.

http://www.girlsinyogapants.com/

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Your timing is impeccable as pajama pants (silky wide-leg in prints) are in this year.

I see the pink/baby blue flannel hippo prints jawns paired with Crocs, Uggs and discount Reeboks now and then and I wonder if they get into their beds in the same gross pants they just sat on the bus with and spilled big mac sauce all over.

• Exactly my thoughts..

Do people get into bed wearing clothes they have wore all day??

Nasty.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    People show up to court in PJs.

• there's a strutter out there with a photo of said activity that would blowwwww this thread's mind away.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Is it ok to pop across the road at say half eight to get a pint of milk?

For purposes of making a nice cuppa, like.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    skel said:

Yes.

If you are a pikey.

• skel said:

don't forget to slip on some trainers too.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Its ok for, as Cher said , gypsies, tramps and chavs

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It boggles my mind that so many people are offended by something like this (and "meggings" too). Why does it matter what someone else is wearing?! I mean, I can understand if maybe some lady's goods are peeking out her pajama top or if some dude's walking around with a "look at me!" bulge, but other than that, I've never really been offended by someone else's clothing (with the exception of those t-shirts with the vulgar attention-whore sayings i.e. "SHUT UP B*TCH").

And besides, I have seen quite a bit of cute lil' ladies in their "just rolled out of bed" clothes.

• Herm said:
    It boggles my mind that so many people are offended by something like this (and "meggings" too). Why does it matter what someone else is wearing?! I mean, I can understand if maybe some lady's goods are peeking out her pajama top or if some dude's walking around with a "look at me!" bulge, but other than that, I've never really been offended by someone else's clothing (with the exception of those t-shirts with the vulgar attention-whore sayings i.e. "SHUT UP B*TCH").

And besides, I have seen quite a bit of cute lil' ladies in their "just rolled out of bed" clothes.

I don't think the aversion to it is so much not liking a person's fashion choices because this isn't really a fashion choice as much as it is a lazy, almost entitled attitude of "I want/need to go do grown up stuff but I don't feel like i need to be a grown up and put on some grown up clothes". It is the clothing equivilent of yapping on your cell phone while dealing with a clerk or some other immature, slightly arrogant un-adult-like behavior.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Herm said:

I don't think the aversion to it is so much not liking a person's fashion choices because this isn't really a fashion choice as much as it is a lazy, almost entitled attitude of "I want/need to go do grown up stuff but I don't feel like i need to be a grown up and put on some grown up clothes". It is the clothing equivilent of yapping on your cell phone while dealing with a clerk or some other immature, slightly arrogant un-adult-like behavior.

Yeah man, but sometimes people just need to run to the store to grab something real quick. That said, whenever I run to the store in sweatpants I do it because, well, f*ck yes I'm entitled. Not to sound all anti-conformist or anything, but who cares what anybody else thinks, you know?

Edit: That cell phone thing is just plain rude and actually does affect other people. Sloppy dress doesn't.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    ^^^^^^
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of his law

Don't get me wrong, I laugh and maybe talk a little sh*t with my crew when I see kids waddling with their ass hanging out their sagging jeans or musclehead dudes in their glittery Affliction shirts* or dudes whose idea of dressing up is wearing a black suit/black shirt/red satin tie a la strip club bouncers, but still...it's not really that serious to me.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I'm with Herm on this.
    Only thing is I have never seen Herm when he is not dressed appropriately and sharply.

I think this is an East / West thing. West Coast we are a lot more informal.

When I see a women out shopping in her flannel bottoms I assume it is a fashion statement.
    Cute and snuggly and casual. Nothing wrong with that, to me.
    I think some people buy them with the expressed purpose of using them for day wear.

Someone down at my corner shop who is clearly there straight from bed is more likely to be wearing baggy sweats or shorts and an oversized t-shirt than flannel bottoms.

I am a slobovian, so I bring no credentials to this fight.

it's not that serious is right, don't think anyone here is losing sleep over it. we're talking about random modern living stuff that goes on around us, in some circles it's called shooting the shit. the Board's collective BF, Tarantino, has built his career on having his characters do it.

bassie said:
    it's not that serious is right, don't think anyone here is losing sleep over it. we're talking about random modern living stuff that goes on around us, in some circles it's called shooting the shit. the Board's collective BF, Tarantino, has built his career on having his characters do it.

I know that, but it's serious enough to some people that a grocery store chain(?) is banning it?!?! Like, enough people really complain to the manager about that?!

I guess it all depends on what kind of business one wants to run, what kind of image they are pursuing and what 'experience' they want to customers to have.
    If it happened enough that their grocery store looked like a nasty dorm full of barefooted people who couldn't bother to get dressed, I can see why they had to address it.
    If I owned a business, I would not be trying to have a bunch of PJ-clad adults in there either...unless it was one of those $1000-per-person fetish soir??e thingys.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    bassie said:
    it's not that serious is right, don't think anyone here is losing sleep over it.
    WORDPLAY!

I done seen one in Clownburgers. In slippers. So, in her bed clothes, she's got into the car or onto the bus with the kids, strolled the pavements, and sat in the detritus-ridden restaurant seating to consume her fodder, then reverse, then later climb into bed and kip/discharge farts in the same clobber. For several days, I'd wager.

At least the staff have a uniform. I'd hesitate to visit if they looked like they'd just got done scratching their scransuses or rubbing dey eyes. There is a line between freedom to not be bothered and self-respect.

To quote DB: What are we, barbarians?

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    its big here in dublin, what appears to have started as a its ok to dash to the shops to get milk for your tea in your pjs, has developed into a crazy popular style which appears to even be color coded by area, with baby blue being predominant on the north side inner city and more pinks on the southside.

started to see the odd onezy with similiar color coding as well :lalala:

mickalphabet said:
    its big here in dublin, what appears to have started as a its ok to dash to the shops to get milk for your tea in your pjs, has developed into a crazy popular style which appears to even be color coded by area, with baby blue being predominant on the north side inner city and more pinks on the southside.

started to see the odd onezy with similiar color coding as well :lalala:

I will give Onezies a pass because I don't think folk actually sleep in them. But, y'know, when it's real bedclothes... All creased to f*ck...

It's kinda like that broken window philosophy; leave something in disrepair and general dishevelment, it lowers the standard of investment and upkeep of surrounding entities.

Please define onesie, this?

I would sure as hell wear the navy one - supercute!! But not to bed. And not to have dinner at my parents'...or yours.

I rock coveralls from time to time, and I can probably pull off one of those.

• Onesies were probably the number one Xmas present in the UK this year if the amount of women posting in a panic on Facebook about not being able to find them was anything to go by.

Leopard / tiger / bunny rabbit / aardvark and God knows what other animal print onesie appear to be huge. School kids on a charity non- uniform day at a school in Norfolk almost universally opted to wear them.

But that's Norfolk and the Shit Brits crew will know what I'm talmabout when I say NFN.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    there's a strutter out there with a photo of said activity that would blowwwww this thread's mind away.

Check out the Philly-face on merlot princess on the left