holiday traditions

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
outside the obvious...what do yall do each year?

me:
christmas eve lasagna with the fam (secular italian hebrews related). we dont do much on xmas day besides eat leftovers and go for a walk.

plastic tree comes out the closet. every year a little later cause we dont give a fuck. last year we pulled it out on new years eve. my mom and i clowned my pop when he brought this home from the thrift store twenty years ago. its been a staple ever since. its like seeing an old friend for the holidays!

bad santa. this movie has quickly become a personal staple and holiday attitude adjustment if i ever get posessed by inexplicable holiday cheer

happy festivus soulstrut!!!

Comments

• tamales tamales tamales

• By-myself giftwrappin' meeting while watching Love Actually and Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I gave up real excitement in Xmas about age 14; since then it has been all about going through thr motions for the sake of being normal.
    This year, for the very first time, I'll spend the day totally alone, which might be hellish for many but is heaven right now for me.
    The only people getting gifts are my kids, and no-one gets a card.
    I will be visiting my best pal on the night for a microwave lasagna and we will map out arrangements for my vanity album, using a Mexican strat and a baby Taylor acoustic.
    So yeah, to hell with Christmas.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Going with friends tonight to Lala's, where it's been Christmas everyday since way back when the owners learned their son passed away in Vietnam...

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I used to make pizza on Xmas. Now I slang pies as an occasional part of my job, so I don't eat much pizza outside of the restaurant anymore.

Going back to ham this year.

• Spritz cookies, egg nog, salami, cheese and beer all day until dinner. Been that way since I was a kid.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I'm having a bunch of friends over to celebrate Festivus.

Kindly,
    parallax

• festivus!!!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    festivus!!!!!

I got a lot of problems with you people!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Every year.
    3-5 nights on the Oregon coast.
    We stay in the same room with a kitchen every year.
    Bring the dog and cat.
    Watch the storms roll in, walk the dog on the beach, watch movies.
    Traditional movies: Up, Princess Bride, True Grit, Mad Mad Mad World.

Every morning, ham egg and cheese on a bagel.
    These we made today for our lunches and dinners; twice baked potatoes, sea food stew, phyllo triangles.

Leaving tomorrow morning.
    Bye.

• I'm a Jew but I friggin love Christmas time.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    tripledouble said:
    festivus!!!!!

I got a lot of problems with you people!

LOL