GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Is that right?

Kindly,
Gt

Comments

• oh i cant WAIT to hear THIS one.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Fun fact. You know what Canadians call swimming?

It's mainly a lot of panicked screaming mingled with hilariously pronounced mumblings about how "this ice is unfit for play."

http://instantrimshot.com/

• did you know that, TO THIS DAY, the united nations and amnesty international have failed to recognize the atrocities carried out by kevin mccallister against the wet bandits?

"Since its debut in 1990, Home Alone has become as much a part of the Christmas cinematic ritual as It's a Wonderful Life. But unlike that uplifting tale about the good of mankind, Home Alone tells a rather unsettling Christmas story of a precocious 8-year-old who, accidentally abandoned by his family, is forced to defend his home from two dimwitted burglars. Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) turns his family's home into a veritable funhouse of torturous booby traps that so-called Wet Bandits Marv (Daniel Stern) and Harry (Joe Pesci) hilariously stumble through, and the transformation of a suburban Chicago home into a relentless injury machine is nothing short of spectacular. But it does require quite a suspension of disbelief. Can a man really be hit square in the face with a steam iron and walk away unfazed? What kind of permanent physical damage would a blow torch to the head really do? To answer these questions and officially dissolve Home Alone's Hollywood magic, I spoke with my friend Dr. Ryan St. Clair of the Weill Cornell Medical College. Enjoy."

http://theweek.com/article/index/238037/diagnosing-the-home-alone-burglars-injuries-a-professional-weighs-in

Reynaldo said:

Can you sum up the ways in which our neighbors to the north are committing human rights atrocities? I have too much work to do today to go through the whole thing. Never mind the work I'm going to have to put in to derail this thread.

• http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/19/canada-rejects-un-human-rights-criticism-detailed-in-amnesty-international-report/

A spokesman for Foreign Affairs minister John Baird said it was odd the UN was using its resources to evaluate Canada.

???We find it strange that the United Nations Special Rapporteurs are devoting their scarce resources to countries like Canada, instead of countries like Iran and Syria where citizens do not enjoy rights and are subject to serious human rights violations at the hands of those regimes,??? Rick Roth said.

???Our government has a clear objective to focus on freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law around the world. We take strong, principled positions in our dealings with other nations whether popular or not, and that is what the world can count on from Canada.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    We are a sad bunch really. I mean, our monkey's have better jackets than most Canadian kids.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Reynaldo said:

Can you sum up the ways in which our neighbors to the north are committing human rights atrocities? I have too much work to do today to go through the whole thing. Never mind the work I'm going to have to put in to derail this thread.
    Basically the Indigenous population (but mainly women and girls) are inadequately armed and trained to secure their full human rights.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Which is why I support AWFTO (Assault Weapons For The Oppressed).

• edit:

i had copied and pasted numerous accounts of the gigantic strides the canadian governement has taken to secure a better standard of living for the first nations people of this country, but then i decided it was far more fun and effective to just deride the idea altogether. that, and establish anyone who truly believe this to be fact as an absolutely moron.

vintageinfants said:
    edit:

i had copied and pasted numerous accounts of the gigantic strides the canadian governement has taken to secure a better standard of living for the first nations people of this country, but then i decided it was far more fun and effective to just deride the idea altogether. that, and establish anyone who truly believe this to be fact as an absolutely moron.

Exactly what I'd expect from you. I bet you and your friends get all drunk on Canadian beer and spend all day yelling things at indigenous peoples. Not cool, bro. Not cool.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The present government is a fucking embarrassment and is destroying everything that defined/defines Canada.
    As far as Aboriginal people are concerned, the Feds have made token gestures and not much more to improve living conditions, health issues, land claims disputes or general relations; they are just the next in line for perpetuating the problems.

• The gap between commitment and action has grown in the past decade because of ???the complexities of federalism,??? lack of political will and failure of leadership, it said.
    (quote)

I thought this thread was going to be about the hockey lockout. "Human rights abuse" seemed a bit over the top for that though.

• DB_Cooper said:
    I thought this thread was going to be about the hockey lockout. "Human rights abuse" seemed a bit over the top for that though.

I know what you mean. Politics, politics, politics. Ugh.

• bassie said:
    destroying everything that defined/defines Canada.

So dramatic.

b/w

How do you sleep at night while everything that defined/defines Canada is being destroyed? (serious question)

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about the maple syrup cartel.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    3RD_Man said:
    bassie said:

So dramatic.

Dramatic?!
    It's the absolute truth, and it's quite disappointing.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    3RD_Man said:
    bassie said:

So dramatic.

b/w

How do you sleep at night while everything that defined/defines Canada is being destroyed? (serious question)

Deleted - not worth it.
    Brian and Bon Vivant have put the fear in me.

• The temperature of that doorknob is not quite hot enough to cause Harry's hand to burst into flames, but it is not that far off... Assuming Harry doesn't lose the hand completely, he will almost certainly have other serious complications

Hew had the M scar on his hand in Home Alone 2, and it was looking for vengeance

• white_tea said:

Yo I'm sitting on 18 million $ of liquid gold, wanna deal?

The Abihijouacs are fighting back:

http://www.cp24.com/news/aboriginal-leaders-protest-in-ottawa-demand-change-1.1088856

"We are tired of having the boot put to our head,"

Fair enough

• cove said:
    3RD_Man said:
    bassie said:

So dramatic.

Dramatic?!
    It's the absolute truth, and it's quite disappointing.

Canada died the moment Trudeau fell out of power. Now his pretty boy son thinks he can save the country.

• guy_alcindor said:
    Now his pretty boy son thinks he can save the country.

he is not his father. this guy has been treated like a prince his entire life and his accomplishments are modest at best.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    guy_alcindor said:

Canada died the moment Chr??tien fell out of power.

• If you're going to peg you sense of national identity to the character of our political leaders you in for a disappointment for the next long while. Anyone w/ a pinch of intelligence and integrity avoids that circus like the plague. Justin Trudeau's a case in point.
    Canada still lives: my son just built a wonderfully crappy igloo in the back yard and when he goes back to school in January he won't have any armed guards in the hallways. I'm wearing grey wool socks with fluorescent stripes and I'm just about to jump on my skidoo to go pick up a six pack of Laurentide and a poutine.

• white_tea said:

i love this story. the theft of 350 million gallons of maple syrup. id like to see the getaway car.

it's like when carmen sandiego used to steal pyramids and shit.

• vintageinfants said:

id like to see the getaway car.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    guy_alcindor said:
    Now his pretty boy son thinks he can save the country.

he is not his father. this guy has been treated like a prince his entire life and his accomplishments are modest at best.

But no doubt he is winning the leadership race. Which is too bad, because I would love to have a chance of having Garneau as PM. There would be nothing more awesome in Canadian Politics IMO. Plus, the Tories would have a tough time attacking him (Again, IMO).

That said, I will vote for Trudeau when the time comes.