Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors - Big Boi

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
leaked. would be more hyped for this but after i saw that tracklist? eesh. anybody hear this yet? anybody care about a solo big boi project at this point? i really enjoyed his last solo...

Comments

• Nothing but love and respect for Big Boi, but that tracklist hardly looks like a solo project.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The 17 track version of the album I heard was not good. Really bad electronic music would be one way to describe it. Too many guests with lots of awful singing.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Mostly tepid. "Raspberries" is kinda catchy. Coulda used some Andre.

• would have been happy with something half as good as SLLF...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Picked this up over the holiday, and I've only just got round to listening to it properly. It sounds like Big's tried to make an Andre album. I like it, not what I expected at all. It's strange hearing him do something so indie-rock/poppy after years of him being perceived as the more conventional, straight-up rap half of Outkast. I'm using the term "poppy" in an extremely broad sense, by the way - there isn't really anything on here that sounds like an all-out attempt at getting on pop radio. In any event, it strikes me that all he's doing is continuing in more or less the same direction that 'Kast were headed in anyway