Pretty Sweet

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited December 2012 in Strut Central
Who has seen it?

***Spoilers****

The opening long shot is amazing. And the steady cam work throughout makes this really look like no other skate video. Worth it for the HD. Trunk Boys parts are sick. I do wish there was more of some of the older guys, but you can't skate forever. Still for his 5 tricks BA shows a ton of style and Mike Carrol went big. Alvarez is crazy fast and just plain crazy. Marc Johnson still makes the most technical stuff look effortless. Kenney Anderson may be one of the smoothest skaters ever. Stevie Perez is mighty mouse. Mariano's part is ridiculous and his ender is pure face melt. I guess some old guys can still kill it.

Comments

• missed the toronto premiere a few weeks back, so now i'm waiting to get my hands on a copy. i started reading your spoilers and then quit half way through because i like to pretend i'm not a keener, but deep down i am.

• vintageinfants said:
    missed the toronto premiere a few weeks back, so now i'm waiting to get my hands on a copy. i started reading your spoilers and then quit half way through because i like to pretend i'm not a keener, but deep down i am.

Couldn't wait, downloaded it from iTunes the day it came out. I am waiting for a friend to get the dvd so I can see the extras. There is apparently another hour of footage on there.

• i'm waiting on my blu-ray to come in the mail. i find it my responsibility as the older, more financially established version of me to watch it in the best format available. i owe it to the 13 year old me who watched endless rickety copies of VHS dubs of VHS dubs.

this has nothing to do with downloading ethics, and everything to do with viewing quality. if i could download a non-compressed 1080p version of it for a 50"+ tv, i'd be all over that.

• vintageinfants said:
    i'm waiting on my blu-ray to come in the mail. i find it my responsibility as the older, more financially established version of me to watch it in the best format available. i owe it to the 13 year old me who watched endless rickety copies of VHS dubs of VHS dubs.

this has nothing to do with downloading ethics, and everything to do with viewing quality. if i could download a non-compressed 1080p version of it for a 50"+ tv, i'd be all over that.

It will be totally worth waiting for, visually it is the best skate video I have seen.

• CousinLarry said:

visually it is the best skate video I have seen.

point taken

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    This looks great, thanks for heads up!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Had an old dudes that used to skate premiere on the couch last week. It was great. Not too long, so even though we had no idea what we were looking at, we stuck with it.
    Malto part was my favorite. Loved the intros. The bonus footage is great.
    Girl team will forever be my favorite--these young dudes are insane!

• Where to copeth a blu ray? Seems harder than it should be to find one.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    The skate shoppe!
    It's a double disc package, with one DVD and one BluRay.
    I'll trade you mine for a 30 dollar record?

• dukeofdelridge said:
    Had an old dudes that used to skate premiere on the couch last week. It was great. Not too long, so even though we had no idea what we were looking at, we stuck with it.
    Malto part was my favorite. Loved the intros. The bonus footage is great.
    Girl team will forever be my favorite--these young dudes are insane!

Malto's part is really sick. Yeah, it was like watching a torch get passed with the new guys. Raven had the hardest slams, that fall right on his face makes me wince.