Quintessence - "In Blissful Company" re-ish?

CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I??ve had this record for a long time, and doing "research" on my records is a relatively new thing for me, so when I did a search and found out that the original British pressing was a gatefold with some sort of booklet I got a little worried;Mine??s not a gatefold, and the labels are standard Island ones. The inner-sleeve is all purple with some sort of painted sunset with cryptic psychedelic babblepoetry to the top.Does anyone know when this is from, and what it??s value is?Thanks, - J

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Where's your bus avatar? Could I use it?

There's so many bands called Quintessence. I can't answer your question, since I don't know any of them.

• Quintessence - God bothering west London hippies - trade in for Pink Fairies - same locale, far superior.

Which Island label - Pink?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Quintessence - God bothering west London hippies - trade in for Pink Fairies - same locale, far superior.

Which Island label - Pink?

Yeah, the vocalist isn??t all that fantastic, but I dig the music. To each his own.

It??s the one with the palm-tree on an orange background.

- J

• I am quite partial to their 'Indweller' LP from 72 - on RCA - esp the track 'Holy Roller'. Their Island stuff has been reissued by Repertoire - on CD.

Dunno that label(?) - late 60's Island should be pink with 'island' in lower case - but there were variations.