RSD Black Friday Scores

GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
Local store is opening an hour earlier than usual.

I am planning to get either Bob Dylan or if they have it The Arctic Monkeys.

I hear there will be limited:
Grateful Dead
Lee Hazel Wood
And maybe some others.

What have you all heard?

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    does it get boring trolling that hard?

• jammy said:

Talking about vinyl is easy. I'm also interested in the moonlight 10" one and the my morning jacket live 10" one.

I will have to wait and see what is available though.

jammy said:

Talking about vinyl is easy.

talking shit is easy too.

• I believe you.

Am I to take your silence as, "going for the Fat Boys pepperoni pizza picture disc?" I agree it is a must have to accompany teh heat-rock-for-sandy signed painter's hat.

I hear three of the remasters are from Portland engineers.

3 points for Portland.

Yeah, I watched the Bull Moose YouTube, heh.

• GatorToof said:
    Local store is opening an hour earlier than usual.

I am planning to get either Bob Dylan or if they have it The Arctic Monkeys.

I hear there will be limited:
    Grateful Dead
    Lee Hazel Wood
    And maybe some others.

What have you all heard?

Aren't there any Beach Boys RSD vinyls? You gotta love The Beach Boys, right?

• Yes, there is a Surfin' Safari 10".

The Beach Boys have a wider range of emotion than the Beatles, IMO. However, like Rock says I'm more of an original type of guy. So my eye is on some of the never heard befores.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    I hope to score a large pepperoni pizza and maybe a soda to boot if i'm lucky

• NerdAlert said:
    I hope to score a large pepperoni pizza and maybe a soda to boot if i'm lucky

Lol, as long as you are happy.

For sake of transparency, the record store opens in 5 hours, I have $32 and change in credit. I'll be happy with the Moonrise Kingdom 10". They are also having 25% discount on used items. :-)

"i will venture to the store by foot if the weather fares well. hopefully the skies will be clear and my mind will be at ease, ready for the adventure within the store. perhaps some discounts on sought after jazz and calypso? whatever i may find, i will enjoy it upon returning home and cooking myself a fine meal"

how was that gatortoof?

• leonleon 883 Posts
    jammy said:
    "i will venture to the store by foot if the weather fares well. hopefully the skies will be clear and my mind will be at ease, ready for the adventure within the store. perhaps some discounts on sought after jazz and calypso? whatever i may find, i will enjoy it upon returning home and cooking myself a fine meal"

how was that gatortoof?
    This actually sounds like a nice afternoon, not some disconnected lupo steez shit.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    jammy said:

how was that gatortoof?
    I like peanutbutter on my bolony sandwich, how about y'all? Playing my Bobby Darin 10" picture disc right now to accompany.

• I got the Joan Jett 12" clear vinyl
    -and-
    The Lenard Cohen & Jeff Buckley 7"

Edit: the Joan Jett did not come with a CD. Must be a mislabel.