Is There Anything The Strut Doesn't Hate?

2»

Comments

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    JATX said:
    The Wire.

second season is meh.

• Tacos and fuzz guitar

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    The great thing about soulstrut, which I would hope Rockadelic knows by now, is that while there will always be someone to hate anything, there will never be anything that is not loved earnestly by someone.

Put differently: At the same time that soulstrut is that black-music-centric site where I've nonetheless had to argue with people over shit like whether or not Sly Stone is important, it's also that sample-nerd site where I am nonetheless able to participate in shit like an appreciation thread for Exile's "Kiss You All Over."

I might agree that these are hateful times. but when it comes to love, I'd say that soulstrut is--in the words of a record store I used to order shit from and which may or may not still exist--Good As Any, Better'n Some.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    JATX said:
    The Wire.

I for one don't like The Wire.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    JATX said:
    The Wire.

I for two don't like The Wire.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    JATX said:
    Renaissance festivals.

I for one don't like The Wire.

You 'Ssance, dawg?

• So, both of the two people who didn't like The Wire are on Soul Strut?
    :hated_it:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Funny, but The Wire is boring to me the exact same way The Infamous is boring to me.

But trust that I struggle every few months reconciling my own personal opinion of both The Wire and The Infamous with the opinions of so many other people I know and respect that love both like pets, or even children.

I'm like damn, there must be something wrong with me as these things just have to be good and somehow I've just missed the boat. But then I try them on for size again and again and keep coming up with the same conclusion that yes, boring is the word.

• twin peaks?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Bob Marley? (Don't even front)

Mexican food?