Shoot me in the head, I said "Vinyls"

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited November 2012 in Strut Central
This is such a pet peeve of mine... blame it on the excitement of the moment being interviewed by national Vietnamese television:

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When it rains, make sure to put on your vinyls.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    haha... no seriously... I'm so pissed off at how we unconsciously embed these un-words that didn't exist up until a few years ago into our vocabulary.

• I watched just to see if you said "vinyls" or "why-nyls."

It could've been worse.

• Hate to do it Frank, but you know the rules...

• i enjoyed the ladies dancing worse than my mother.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ha, i was thinking the same thing

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    'part of his south asian tour''? wow!

thanks for sharing...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Pretty awesome man.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Dante said:
    'part of his south asian tour''?

it was a very short but intense tour, Bangkok on Thursday, Saigon Friday night and Hanoi on Saturday which might explain my impaired mental state. Saigon was the most amazing party actually, the venue was on the second floor of this amazing old colonial corner building, overlooking a busy intersection. Normally they close at 2am but the owner had such a blast, at 2 he paid off the cops, brought out a bottle of champagne, told me to keep playing and didn't leave the dancefloor until I ran out of records at around 4:20 in the morning. Luckily I had three off days to spend in Hanoi before flying to my next gigs (in Budapest and Berlin -ouch!). Needless to say, the food in Vietnam was totally insane but especially Hanoi also had a totally amazing vibe as a city... can't wait to be back. South East Asia now is on the top of our list of places to move to.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Best humble brag ever?

B/w, South East Asian record collections lookout, Frank is on his way.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Frank said:
    Dante said:
    'part of his south asian tour''?

it was a very short but intense tour, Bangkok on Thursday, Saigon Friday night and Hanoi on Saturday which might explain my impaired mental state. Saigon was the most amazing party actually, the venue was on the second floor of this amazing old colonial corner building, overlooking a busy intersection. Normally they close at 2am but the owner had such a blast, at 2 he paid off the cops, brought out a bottle of champagne, told me to keep playing and didn't leave the dancefloor until I ran out of records at around 4:20 in the morning. Luckily I had three off days to spend in Hanoi before flying to my next gigs (in Budapest and Berlin -ouch!). Needless to say, the food in Vietnam was totally insane but especially Hanoi also had a totally amazing vibe as a city... can't wait to be back. South East Asia now is on the top of our list of places to move to.

wow. . sounds like an awesome time. i'd ask you to come play in mexico city, but i seriously doubt we could shower you in champagne.

:freeway: ys

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Dante said:
    i'd ask you to come play in mexico city, but i seriously doubt we could shower you in champagne.

I'd be happy to fly up there for a glass of mezcal...

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Frank said:
    Dante said:
    i'd ask you to come play in mexico city, but i seriously doubt we could shower you in champagne.

I'd be happy to fly up there for a glass of mezcal...

i'm going to oaxaca (city and coast) in december, so i'll probably come back fully loaded. none of that Alipus stuff, just bottles with no labels or sanitary restrictions whatsoever. yummy!