edited November 2012 in Strut Central
shit is cold

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• BEEN experiencing it

congrats. i think?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, so awesome. going to boston for thanksgiving and then back to hawaii for a week after that. will my body be able to handle the fluctuating temperature?!?!?!?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I remember after living in Arizona for a couple of years, when I went back to Canada I swear my blood thinned. I spent much of my life playing hockey in the dead of winter and it never fazed me. Coming back I was shivering all over the place.

• this is nothing. brace yourself.

• Hey CrazyP,

In boston, eat some steamed oysters and drink a brew and you will stay warm.

Cheers!
    Gt

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    this is nothing. brace yourself.

lmho right?

p-cray - Make sure to post a pic of yourself in your inaugural winter gear

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont even know what to wear
    i need to get some sort of new boots cos i dont like my feet getting wet but the cold doesn't really bother me so i have random existing coats/jackets that will hopefully hold me down.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    i dont even know what to wear
    i need to get some sort of new boots cos i dont like my feet getting wet but the cold doesn't really bother me so i have random existing coats/jackets that will hopefully hold me down.

Good to see you back bro. Not to cross-pollinate poasts, but you're making good, salient (and non partisan) points in the other thread.

I can't fck with the cold, but it could be worse. There's still huge swaths of NY without heat and power and the storm is a comin'.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what up day
    dude on my desk is a SI native
    said some shithead came by the other day in a pickup truck full of generators trying to sell some POS for like more than triple
    dude got his ass beat, ALL his generators took, and his windshield busted through. haha

my total cost of the storm was a 20 dollar taxi ride and having to deal with my girlfriend's FEMALE roommate who leaves skid markz in the the toilet so i really can't complain

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DOR said:
    I remember after living in Arizona for a couple of years, when I went back to Canada I swear my blood thinned.

It does thin. After I'd been in Thailand for about two months my blood had thinned down enough that to the mozzies I was no longer fresh meat but servir chambr??, and they suddenly left me alone. 6 months later came back to an English winter and froze my butt off.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    It does thin.

I think that would be all the Tequila.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    It does thin.

I think that would be all the Tequila.

Hah, it was the Sang Som, mixed with a little known drink now sold worldwide as Red Bull. Went back to Bangkok 5 years later with gf and bumped into a bar owner who said he'd never seen me sober before. Don't remember any mozzy bites though!