Do you LAUGH less now? (NRR)

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2012 in Strut Central
I get a good laugh every once in a while, but feel like I'm all serious about my life now that I laugh less now than when I was in my early 20s.

What about yall?

Comments

• Yes I laugh more. One of the things that attracts me to the strut is laughter.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Uhmm, possibly more - I think with age I've learnt to literally laugh at things that might've made me confused/angry/frustrated in the past, and as I have few/fewer responsibilities than I might (for a 35 yr old), usually having a crack at work, or in the pub or whatever.

Case in point: met a friend who'd tried killing himself a few weeks previous. After trying the serious Your life IS worth it, nothing in the past matters THAT much route, I decided to rip the piss out of the fact that he couldn't move the fingers in his hand (sliced through the wrist too deep - Arnie in T2 "show him" scene-R), called him Beadle (UK heads-r), told him a load of Jimmy Saville jokes, dry-humped him when he was trying to get served drinks at the bar, and made a general nuisance of myself... but had him in fits of laughter, and before the night was done he was giving me hugs and telling me that's what he really needed and less of the serious vibes.

I think when I was younger I may not have known the best way to deal with a situation like that.

• minimini 879 Posts
    I think I used to laugh more but in general I??m happier now.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I laugh all the time. Because I am fucking hilarious.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Post a clip of you playing basketball so we can all have a good laugh.

• DB_Cooper said:

How romantic.

GatorToof said:
    DB_Cooper said:

How romantic.

Actually, my ego and I are more like fuck buddies.

Man, I am really swearing a lot in this thread.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm the Laughing Buddha, motherfucker.

• DB_Cooper said:

Man, I am really swearing a lot in this thread.

Take that $h*t to the "rap you're liking" thread.

Steve Dalh - do you think I'm disco:

HarveyCanal said:
    Post a clip of you playing basketball so we can all have a good laugh.

DRIVE THE LANE

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    About the same amount, though it's been a while since I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

I, too, am trying to follow the 'laugh so you don't cry' philosophy....though there seems to be overlaps; woman at work and me had tears running down our faces last week over some ridiculous (not in a good way) work shit that made us laugh and laugh and laugh.

I worry about how my laugh sounds sometimes. There are some real annoying-sounding laughs in my office.

• I enjoy funny things a lot more now as I get older. My son constantly cracks me up so I'm laughing a lot.

• I laugh every time I pee, so it's about the same as previous years.

• GatorFoot said:
    I laugh every time I pee, so it's about the same as previous years.

And then do you feel better?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    oh okay. I guess age doesn't matter. Guess it more has to do with my transitional phase right now.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I'm probably at the best point in my life I've ever been. There have been highs and lows, mostly highs, but some serious, self-inflicted lows. However, at this stage in the game I've never felt better. Work is fulfilling, social life is strong, but not overpowering. My fams are doing great, most of them at least. Health is as good as could be expected; that includes mental health, which all to often people ignore.

The laughs come easy these days.

Interesting thread.

• The other day, while trying to teach my just about to be 3 year old daughter that it's not ok to hit her baby brother, I burst into laughter because she got all floppy, no bones and just collapsed in a "ughh, do I have to listen to this shit" kind of way. It made me laugh and then I lost it and all disciplining was out the window. I hid my face in my arms and pretended to sneeze in an attempt to recover te situation.

She cracks me up all the time.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I just received this email:

Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

• Besides, since when are Yuichi-bots programmed to laugh?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Besides, since when are Yuichi-bots programmed to laugh?

LOL

Oh wait...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Besides, since when are Yuichi-bots programmed to laugh?

When I read Batmon's NBA poasts.

• F1743.457 parameters: if "Batmon" + "NBA" then sound file 432.mp3 laugh.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    This most realistic skate game of all time made me actually laugh tonight.