my goodness.

WINDBAG ALERT

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    After reading the intro, i was faced with a link titled 'more Wyclef Jean'

No thanks.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Double

• Also, on March 20, 2011 at Haiti's presidential runoff election he was "grazed by a bullet" /cut his hand on glass.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    His commitment to being a total bellend is admirable.

"I can never forgive Lauryn for betraying me by having another man's child while I was creeping on my wife with her."

What a fucking dick.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    you should have seen him on cnn about this subject and saying he was like marvin gaye
    and that he will write 9 books including a reinterpretation of Genesis
    then signing happy bday soledad

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Dooooooooooooooosh-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

• He's just too deep for you guise.

I???ve always been called an old soul, because the way I think and talk about life is the way an eighty-year-old who has seen everything would.

• I bet Salon paid him something in the upper three-figures to print this excerpt.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Dooooooooooooooosh-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

And then some!! I am surprised he hasn't laid claim to her 'genius', as well.

I'd love to hear reactions from Hill and Claudinette Jean

• Honest dude had a m??nage a trois...I forgive him.

I don't know why, I guess himself alone can love her in his own way.

Thanks for sharing.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I've always disliked this guy. What a sleeze ball. Does anybody remember the story behind him fucking over Diamond D on some of the production work for The Score?

ost said:
    I've always disliked this guy. What a sleeze ball. Does anybody remember the story behind him fucking over Diamond D on some of the production work for The Score?

Yeah, that was some serious sucker shit.

• RETARD

• not only is the dude a herb, but mark my words: his music will NOT stand the test of time.

even if you rate the Carnival now (which I don't), I can assure you 10 yrs hence his music will sound even more clownish than it already does.

• DJ_Enki said:
    ost said:

Fuck a Diamond, son. You know he wanted Hill. And, if he had his way...Enya would have pressed charges on a G.

• Congratulations to anyone who can make it all the way through this tripe. Try as I might, three times, but I couldn't make it to the end of this excerpt from his book. Could only make it half-way when the vulgarity of his hubris and ignorance reached a crescendo with this:

"Those German shows were unusual because no one was expecting us. We???d smash them usually, but there was one night that we were in some area overrun by skinheads. I don???t know who booked a hip-hop group in that bar, but we walked in and the word ???nigger??? was spray painted real big on the wall. That was an interesting welcome. Honestly, I had no idea why or how that shit got there. Coming from the States, it made no sense to me. I didn???t think racism like that existed outside of the United States, because why would it? Racism here, and that word specifically, is a product of slavery and American history. What did Germans know about ???nigger???? But fuck, there it was, on that wall for all to see, in the depths of this country. We were far from home but that same hate was all around us.

We opened up and the show went alright, and then these German hip-hop groups played, who were dope and cool, but nothing could really offset that racism vibe that we felt the minute we walked in and saw that word on the wall. So it was a weird night. I didn???t feel like I was in danger, but I didn???t feel welcome or comfortable either, and there were all these German groups performing music that was invented by black people from the Bronx and the Caribbean. Still, I???ve got to hand it to those German rappers. I remember thinking how no one at home was going to believe me when I told them that I saw German hip-hop acts who knew what they were doing. I could hardly believe it myself. "

Makes me wonder if this distorted and uneducated view of the world is common among African-Americans. Someone of course will reply that America invented slavery and racism and that its slow demise was encouraged by an evil majority bent on either genocide or servitude. Happily I will refute those points. Not to lessen that sad fact of history. But to make that remark in print by someone who obviously, continuously pats himself on the back for how awesome and talented and smart one is, goes only to show the depths of the innate and blatant contradictions that lie within him.

What I got out of the half I could barely read and get through with the nausea in check was that Wyclef absolutely loves Wyclef and his life, and that because of his mortality as a condition then consequently he is not God, but he is of course God-like, just look at his album sales figures, I mean really. And his life is better than yours, dang it, he feels compelled to tell you this. His life experience is so awesome and great and his music has transformed the industry like never before, back then shit was jus different, knowwhatImsayin!!!!

His writing, to me, could be excusable from a deluded and green individual that found success in their twenties. But not a man in his forties. And claims to have an 'old' soul his entire life, but writes like a high school drop-out. Shameful and disgusting but thank you for the link. It's always interesting and enlighening to read the thoughts of 'celebrities'.

Would the Fugees have fame without Lauryn Hill? That I believe is the real question here.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    bassie said:
    Claudinette

Worst made-up name ever.

• "Everybody who loves hip-hop has a memory from the summer of ???96 involving one of the singles off ???The Score.??? Don???t even try to tell me y???all don???t."

Ummmmm...

• bennyboy said:
    "Everybody who loves hip-hop has a memory from the summer of ???96 involving one of the singles off ???The Score.??? Don???t even try to tell me y???all don???t."

Ummmmm...

I'm sure at one point or another every single person listening to pop/hiphop music around that time got really really annoyed at "Killing me Softly". And the betties singing it.

Also we should go easy on him, he really loved 2 women at the same time. Hard times man.... Poor Clef.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    not only is the dude a herb, but mark my words: his music will NOT stand the test of time.

even if you rate the Carnival now (which I don't), I can assure you 10 yrs hence his music will sound even more clownish than it already does.

^^^^^^ Listens to "Gone Till November" in the eleventh month of each year and also during every trip to the airport

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Too bad he never got to be Emperor of Haiti - he probably would have become one of these guys like Castro who would give speeches for hours and hours, just talking about whatever BS popped in their head..

• OptimusLime said:
    bennyboy said:
    "Everybody who loves hip-hop has a memory from the summer of ???96 involving one of the singles off ???The Score.??? Don???t even try to tell me y???all don???t."

Ummmmm...

I'm sure at one point or another every single person listening to pop/hiphop music around that time got really really annoyed at "Killing me Softly". And the betties singing it.

True, I remember wishing I'd never heard it. Is that what he means?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    WHERE THE FUCK IS RASHIED DA GOD??????

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wyclef certainly has his flaws, but he's an amazing artist and still Haiti's lone international role model...

• i actually HATE wyclef.

he makes KRS-one seem subdued.

• Soul Zilla said:
    Congratulations to anyone who can make it all the way through this tripe. Try as I might, three times, but I couldn't make it to the end of this excerpt from his book. (He) claims to have an 'old' soul his entire life, but writes like a high school drop-out.

"Writes like a high-school dropout?" Hell, I think he's a better writer than musician.

Seriously, though...I had no problem following the text as it unfolded. I remember what an egotist he was when he had his moment. Fifteen years later, he evidently hasn't changed. His narrative voice reflects this.

Honestly, I think this was more of an "as told to" affair. I don't think he sat down at the laptop and actually wrote these tangled thoughts. I can just see him sitting in an office right now, with the tape rolling, bellowing "I'M NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT HOW IT WAS BACK IN THE DAYS OF GRANDMASTER FLASH! I'M TALKING ABOUT MY DAY, WHICH WAS ONLY FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!" (pounds fist on desk for emphasis)

• DJ_Enki said:
    ost said:

whats the story?

• HarveyCanal said:
    he's an amazing artist

no.

tripledouble said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    ost said:

whats the story?

Diamond gives them a beat that loops up Cymande. He asks Wyclef, "Should I do the sample clearance on this?" Wyclef tells him no, don't worry about it, they'll take care of it. The Fugees never clear the sample, Cymande comes a-knockin' for their money, and Wyclef says to Cymande, "Don't look at us--Diamond produced it." So Diamond ended up taking the hit.