Should Americans Be Allowed To (NRR)

124»

Comments

• StoneHands said:
    Soul Zilla said:
    Rockadelic said:
    StoneHands said:

Best not to assume things bro. The holier than thou (see what i did there) attitude is a little off-putting. I never claimed to be anything, Muslim or not.

StoneHands said:
    im Muslim and in my experience,.....

In the spirit of honesty & full disclosure.

Thanks for this, Rockadelic. I'm curious StoneHands, with atheistic parents and a deistic grandparent how does one turn to religion. Very odd that one is brought up with unbelief and then turns to belief, not at all strange the other way around. If you find that your religion doesn't equate with known facts does it not give you pause? These subjects can get very touchy and it can evoke irrational words and behaviors from its adherents so please think carefully before you respond. Beyond politics this subject is the most deeply felt by all humans and I understand your refusal to see past what you have come to believe. At the least you must admit that Muslims have been causing lots of problems as of late. Religion is the problem not the solution. Deism is attractive because of the scope of the Universe that we can perceive but with all that is out there do you think that a Creator cares about human affairs? And that he would reveal himself to largely illiterate Bedouin sheep herders? And that he would allow any doubt to linger among his creation? I know it sucks to think that there wasn't a plan or purpose for us. But it doesn't make life cheap at all. We make our own purpose. We have the power to alter our future. We give Morality its merit.

Does StoneHands self-given name refer to Stone-Age thinking?

Yes. It refers to Stone Age thinking. If you're really interested in my personal beliefs, feel free to PM, like I said. Nothing in this whole thread has anything to do with whether Islam, Atheism, Scientology are right belief systems or not. We're talking about whether political violence is a direct effect of the cause, being religious scripture. I'd argue that it doesn't, you'd argue that it does. That's it, theres no problem here. I respect your views. Also, there's no outing going on - Ive participated in more than a few political/religious discussions on here to let people know what my religious affiliation is. However, "You're Muslim, therefore you..." thing is a strawman which leads to assumptions, which you unfortunately made a few times this thread. Have you noticed how I not once asked/inferred that you're agnostic/atheist/deist/humanist? That's because its irrelevant to the argument.

WOW. To any reader following this exchange I can assure you that none of this was scripted. I know you think it is all too good to be true but hey sometimes the light shines on the ugly reality. And what a lovely glow it casts. But this is a comical and unfair debate to be had with StoneHands, My fault that I let it continue but the fruit of this harvest is bare for all to enjoy, nonetheless. This thread between us ends here. No more damage for you sir. Mercy is an evolved trait and for good reason. But please retort because laughter is scarce in my corner of the Universe and we enjoy what we can get. As-Salamu Alaykum!

• Back off Soul Zilla you sure aren't acting magnanomous and there is nothing to harvest from your proselytizing rants.

To each his own.

• are you done now?

BAN

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    are you done now?

BAN

Yeah That Makes Sense. Thank You! Johnny_Paycheck.

Are you available? Please.Please. Chime In. We want Your Knowledge on this Discourse. Enlighten Us Brother. We are unworthy to say the least. Ban us if you must because that is easier than just confronting us with fact and reason that according to what we believe would just destroy us anyways. You're so humble. How Kind. Bring it please, I await. Please Be Easy on me Johnny_Paycheck your rep precedes you, I don't know whether to run or hide. Seriously what Is a dude like You being in this Discussion?

/Trembling/ /waiting/

• Soul Zilla said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    are you done now?

BAN

Are you available? Please.Please. Chime In. We want Your Knowledge on this Discourse. Enlighten Us Brother. We are unworthy to say the least. Ban us if you must because that is easier than just confronting us with fact and reason that according to what we believe would just destroy us anyways. You're so humble. How Kind. Bring it please, I await. Please Be Easy on me Johnny_Paycheck your rep precedes you, I don't know whether to run or hide. Seriously what Is a dude like You being in this Discussion?

/Trembling/ /waiting/

Edited. Sorry but after a long day of drinking on my day off I got a little heated over such a small thing. Way overboard. I know better than that. Sorry for the profanity. Drinking is bad. mmmkay

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn.

SZ turns out to be not so clever.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Soul Zilla said:
    Soul Zilla said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    are you done now?

BAN

/Trembling/ /waiting/

Fuck. Fuck. I'm sorry for pissing off Janey Paycheck. That dude is faux rillz. Please disavow what happened. So sorry, man really. I overstepped my bounds here. I let my head get ahead of my heart. I put logic ahead of emotion. I'm sorry. Johnny_Paycheck knows what's up. Sorry Dude. Really. Who am I to express an opinion on a forum on the internet. How Dare I do this. Fuck. Johnny_Paycheck I'm sorry bro, you know better for all I'm sure: pllease where do I go from Here mister paycheck Johnniie? Your humility is much appreciated in our commmunity!

Not for nothing, but this is crazy over the top. Reactionary posts like this only show you're in a corner and I hope you're better than this. I don't know you, you're new (relatively) and you seem like an intelligent dude. Some of us are spiritual people, some are atheists, some go to mosques, some go to churches or synagogues. It's all one in the same at the end of the day. Relax and respect people's opinions and we'll all be better for it. J. Paycheck has more than earned his respect around here. Showing some humility goes a long way.

• Not even worth my time.