L.A. listening party?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
In the spirit of the "Ask Doc McCoy" and Matthew Africa tributes, I feel like it's a good time to do some kind of listening party in L.A. where we all bring a couple of records to share with one another. There's a new record store on the Westside that might be down to host unless someone wants to volunteer their crib? (I'd volunteer mine but I'm not set up for company in the record room yet: too many %#(!) boxes still).

Who's down?

Comments

• What's the new store?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm down, I'm hoping the sooner the better. I tend to be out of town quite a bit and really meeting up with the other LA fills.
    Not sure how the record store would feel but I've been stockpiling LPs for a couple mo the that I've planned to sell on eBay and set sales and I'd love to be able to sell/ trade some of those raers with the locals

• I'm into it. I may be able to volunteer my pad depending how many people are involved.
    I have 10 chairs in my apt

• Let's do this!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    New store: Touch Vinyl on Sawtelle and Santa Monica. They do listening parties on Sundays and I know their PR manager.

• Sounds awesome! I'm totally in.

On a side note??? I find it incredibly awkward to sit silently and listen to music with someone else sitting next to me doing the same thing.
    Is this something I need to work on?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Just means your not drinking enough

• TheKindCromang said:
    Sounds awesome! I'm totally in.

On a side note??? I find it incredibly awkward to sit silently and listen to music with someone else sitting next to me doing the same thing.
    Is this something I need to work on?

sounds like yoga class

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    So do we have a day for this?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It just dawned on me that I haven't bothered to check my own schedule. OOF.

But maybe next Saturday afternoon? I can check with the store to see if they'd be cool with it.

• I'm in the city until Tuesday. If this is going down before 18th I'd love to participate.
    Its hot as fusk here at the moment..