Kindness & Troublefunk

bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
edited September 2012 in Strut Central
Latte pass? Hipster RnB goes full circle with Kindness getting Troublefunk playing the whole song in their new video.

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I liked this song a lot when I first heard it, and I've liked it a little less every time since, though I do like the rest of that Kindness record a fair amount.

I think dude is nicely deferential in this video, though. It's always a dubious look to try to boost your shit by wheeling the o.g. artist out on stage just to sing your hook or whatever, but here it's clear that it's their show--dude just plays the background, does his little drum programming or whatever, generally looks happy to be there, then bounces with little to no fanfare.

I mean, it still boils down to whitey seeking street cred, but I've seen shit like this handled much much worse. I give it 7 out of 10.

I want to see Kate Bush and Peter Zummo doing "Anyone Can Fall In Love."

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Before I clicked it, I saw it was only 4:37 long and put my cowbell down.

• Haven't had a chance to listen to the video yet, but I ride for the Kindness album. Still can't get enough of "SEOD".

• james said:
    I liked this song a lot when I first heard it, and I've liked it a little less every time since, though I do like the rest of that Kindness record a fair amount.

Yes, sort of feel the same way - sort of a nice idea, that doesn't go anywhere. Will be checking the LP, why not.