Halp! (non rr favor request, kind of selfish and maybe beyond the pale)

pimlicosquirrelpimlicosquirrel 772 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
In a nutshell, my partner went out for a non-paying photography commission for an aid organization and came close to getting it. She worked hard and is semi-gutted she lost out to someone with proven PR skills. Anyway, there is a consolation prize for the person who gets the most votes in "The People's Choice" award, in the form of an exhibition. The "People Choice Award is basically a "who has the most Facebook friends" exercise, which is shitty but par for the course. She did a story on the Verroa Mite which has decimated bee populations around the world. Australia is the last place it has yet to enter, we ship bees worldwide and most importantly to third world places gratis. The people she worked with are super passionate about helping other countries but are perplexed by the lack of media attention. Basically, if we lose our bees, we are fucked.

I would not ask here but she lost all of her original votes to a website malfunction. The site operators can't rectify the problem.

So, I'm asking.....Would people who are cool with it please head on over to the following link and vote for my girl. She is passionate as fuck about the issue and will continue working with the people regardless of the outcome. But she would love to win and shine a light on the issue. The photo's on the website are a small selection of the greater body and she so want's to show the complete story.

http://photocomp.actionaid.org.au/entrants/item/27-samantha-harding-farrenberg

Thanks

Unrelated photo by Sammy which seemed apt.

Comments