Anyone else here in advertising?

2»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anto99 said:
    And please, to be fair, I've shown u mine, you show me yours. Let's have a look at something you've done...

I'm not in advertising.......google Rockadelic and you can see/read about my record label and the 60+ releases we have done.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Cool. Trade places? Nicely done man. Kudos.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    If you ever need ads, I'll work for records.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Shit dude. Nice catalogue! I know it's hard to separate legit from sarcastic in words, but I'm being serious. Nice to see someone making a living doing something they love.

• Did everyone watch The Pitch on AMC??

Loved that show - hope it comes back.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Yeah. It was ok. Problem is, they can't attract any of the top agencies to get involved. So you're only getting a very small approximation of what the process is really like. If shops like Crispin Porter were showcased, you'd see both the process and great work as the end result. And the bullshit involved in writing 100 scripts for a 30 second spot. The nervous breakdowns. The weirdos that make up a creative dept- myself included. Etc. Was hoping they'd capture that a bit more. Maybe next season if there is one.

Anto99 said:
    Shit dude. Nice catalogue! I know it's hard to separate legit from sarcastic in words, but I'm being serious. Nice to see someone making a living doing something they love.

Never have and never will try to do this for a living.

I have a pretty serious 9-5 gig and the label/records is strictly a hobby.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    You never know. Did u see my spot? Love? Hate? Didn't actually watch it?

Anto99 said:
    You never know. Did u see my spot? Love? Hate? Didn't actually watch it?

I watched a few...I assume the one with Electric Six was the one you were referring to......anti-hot chick moves...novel.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Yep. I didn't pick the track though- director thought of it.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    I selected the giant asses.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Internet advertisers are the worst. Any time I read the news online, visit 411.com or whatever, I adjust my browser window so I can't look at the right side of the page where all the creepy/gross/annoying pictures that accompany the ads are (old lady peeling off her face? WTF?!?) Further more, who buys these 'get skinny quick' pills, 'get rich in 10 days' self-help books and 'learn a foreign language instantly!' stuff? Suckers are born every minute.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    I always get the make your dick bigger ads. What the fuck?

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Almost snuck in Bobby William's "Funky Superfly" for the last campaign I did. Not sure how I feel about attaching shit I love to an ad now that I think about it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i think its great , at least its a chance for myabe, maybe a real artist to get paid