Herman Kelly And Life - Question

Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Grabbed a sealed copy on Ebay. Now I'm getting conflicting info on whether it's a reissue or not? It's on a label called Alston with 4409 as the serial number. Does anyone know how I can confirm this? Thanks.

Comments

• Dep-TDBDep-TDB 10 Posts
    I got the "dance to the drummer's beat" 45 on alston and I'm pretty sure it's the second press.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    OGs are on Electric Cat with black and white picture sleeve. Did you purchase an lp or 12"?

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    LP

• LP is originally issued on Electric Cat, issued subsequently on TK Alston with the same cover.

Not much difference price-wise in my experience, although the Electric Cat issue is technically the first.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    This one's on Alson. I've seen it listed as both a reissue and an OG on multiple sights. The seller seems legit, but again, you never know on Ebay. Maybe I'll have to swing by Cosmos and have Aki take a look. Can't seem to find a solid answer on the net.

• yeah sorry I meant Alston not TK, the album was reissued on Alston and the 12" single on TK Disco.

It's still a vintage pressing, just not the first.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    OK. So it's still relatively sought after, just not as much I guess. Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I can live with that.

• Anto99Anto99 244 Posts
    Ok. Cool Checked with Aki and Cosmos too. Looks legit. I think people list it as a reissue as in, it's the second pressing. I thought maybe this spoke to the fact that it was a recent issue. Still vintage I guess.