Have you guys heard the new Wallflowers single? Yes I said the Wallflowers.

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
It is actually kind of hip and cool. Although sounds a lot like another band. Discuss.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I think our definitions of "kind of" must differ somewhat dramatically.

• Options
    Listened and enjoyed the new song. I like the subtle reggae guitar and organ influence and i am reminded of Johnny Nash. The drums remind me of some 80's disco. Maroon 5 used reggae influence in there new pop single, "one more night" however they used more 90's hiphop drums. As a result, I like the retro direction the wallflowers took, however, in terms of new singles, favor Maroon 5.

• Mick jones produced it I think...wallflowers that is.

• Options
    From the Clash or Foreigner...j/k. I was never very fond of the Clash.

Mick Jones produced the song. Plaese to school me on production, I can't hear anything out of these crappy computer speakers. Does that mean he planned and provided financial backing for the recording? Did he mic the instruments and engineer the mix? It still sounds like the tempo is up there around 110+ and the vocals are back in the [gimme a minute to think]..

• All I know was he was involved thus a song sounding like the clash.

• Options
    I agree with you there and am glad to see a 70's rocker making current moves.

Thanks for sharing.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    From the Clash or Foreigner...j/k. I was never very fond of the Clash.

Mick Jones produced the song. Plaese to school me on production, I can't hear anything out of these crappy computer speakers. Does that mean he planned and provided financial backing for the recording? Did he mic the instruments and engineer the mix? It still sounds like the tempo is up there around 110+ and the vocals are back in the [gimme a minute to think]..

it definitely sounds like Mick Jones on the chorus. it's not really my cup of tea though, sounds like some second rate B.A.D. to me.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    sounds like a balless version of this:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    whoops, meant this: