plaese to post examples of "bad looks"

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
This thread can get ugly real quick/has great potentialA myspace message I got from this girl who wants to come through to a gig
hehehe...holla at a playa if ya see me on the street kid!! oooooooooooooooooooh

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I know a chick on myspace whos profile says "NorCal from LA to the Bay"
    wtf

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    A few years ago, I was fairly outstanding on some gin or some Ban roll-on or something, and caught myself saying: "Swing Out Sister had some joints, though." I'm secure enough in mine to stand by the sentiment, but I'll be the first to admit that the particular manner of expression was regrettable.

And I'd like to say that I definitely prefer ???bad look??? to ???not a good look.??? The former lacks social currency, and the only person I???ve ever really heard say it on-record is the uncomfortable-seeming dude from Mobb Deep, so it seems like a better fit with my lifestyle. Cheers.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• "Swing Out Sister had some joints, though."

you say that like its a bad thing. "breakout" is one of my all time favorite jams.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    A couple of girls were trying to hit on me and my man Mike Z. at The Derby in LA the other weekend. I was definitely NOT trying to holler at this square jawn but here's how our part of the conversation went. It's pretty much the definition of "Repping Philly, Bad Look Style."

SQUARE JAWN: "Hey so you're DJing tonight."
    MARCO: "Yep."
    SQUARE JAWN: "Wow cool. Where you from?"
    MARCO: "North Carolina."
    SQUARE JAWN: "Oh my god! I'm from back east too! Philadelphia! I used to DJ hiphop back there a few years ago!"
    MARCO: "Cool. Have you heard of Cosmo Baker?"
    SQUARE JAWN: "Um... no."
    MARCO: "Diplo?"
    SQUARE JAWN: "No..."
    MARCO: "Hollertronix?"
    SQUARE JAWN: "Nope."
    MARCO: "Oh" (pretends he sees someone waving at him, walks off)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    A couple of girls were trying to hit on me and my man Mike Z. at The Derby in LA the other weekend. I was definitely NOT trying to holler at this square jawn but here's how our part of the conversation went. It's pretty much the definition of "Repping Philly, Bad Look Style."

SQUARE JAWN: "Oh my god! I'm from back east too! Philadelphia! I used to DJ hiphop back there a few years ago!"

Official bad look: making up stories about women hitting on you because you're a DJ for the benefit of other DJ message board nerds.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Not a good look... NAME DROPPING

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Official bad look: making up stories about women hitting on you because you're a DJ for the benefit of other DJ message board nerds.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I can't believe no one's posted the trendy, Jigga-centric pink button-up photo yet.

Herm

What about purchasing the title "Hot" for yourself?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    When people ask "Do you speak any Vietmanese?"

It's VietNAMese WTF

also, i think it was the last time i ever spun out or maybe 2nd to last time but i put on "I Gotta Have It" and some broad came up to me and asked me if I could "play some hip hop cause nobody's dancing." that was GREAT!!!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Worrying if your look is a bad look is a bad look

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Worrying if your look is a bad look is a bad look

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    When people ask "Do you speak any Vietmanese?"

It's VietNAMese WTF

also, i think it was the last time i ever spun out or maybe 2nd to last time but i put on "I Gotta Have It" and some broad came up to me and asked me if I could "play some hip hop cause nobody's dancing." that was GREAT!!!
    people really say vietmanese? hahaha. ive never heard that one

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Official bad look:

Referring to oneself as "Young Regatta" and fronting as if gainfully employed when in fact one spends one's days perched atop a dinged-up ChrisCraft (peel-and-stick mailbox letters on the back spelling ???CONTRAVER-Z???) in dry-dock out behind the Piggly Wiggly, flossing the berry berry threadbare Burberry ascot-to-match-the-socks, ladling oneself a steady stream of instant margaritas out of a bucket while getting lost in the bucket???s green slushy vortex (crooning softly, ???Eye-saaaaayyyyyyy...so eye-saaaaayyyyy...") and bumping some peak-era Biv 10 through a pastel Lasonic, reflecting at some length upon--should one die tonight--what would be missed most: one's thugging, one's loving, or one's thug loving.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Official bad look:
    Referring to oneself as "Young Regatta" and fronting as if gainfully employed when in fact one spends one's days perched atop a dinged-up ChrisCraft (peel-and-stick mailbox letters on the back spelling ???CONTRAVER-Z???) in dry-dock out behind the Piggly Wiggly, flossing the berry berry threadbare Burberry ascot-to-match-the-socks, ladling oneself a steady stream of instant margaritas out of a bucket while getting lost in the bucket???s green slushy vortex (crooning softly, ???Eye-saaaaayyyyyyy...so eye-saaaaayyyyy...") and bumping some peak-era Biv 10 through a pastel Lasonic, reflecting at some length upon--should one die tonight--what would be missed most: one's thugging, one's loving, or one's thug loving.

Official bad look:
    Referring to oneself as "Young Regatta" and fronting as if gainfully employed when in fact one spends one's days perched atop a dinged-up ChrisCraft (peel-and-stick mailbox letters on the back spelling ???CONTRAVER-Z???) in dry-dock out behind the Piggly Wiggly, flossing the berry berry threadbare Burberry ascot-to-match-the-socks, ladling oneself a steady stream of instant margaritas out of a bucket while getting lost in the bucket???s green slushy vortex (???Eye-saaaaayyyyyyy...so eye-saaaaayyyyy...") and bumping some peak-era Biv 10 through a pastel Lasonic, reflecting at some length upon--should one die tonight--what would be missed most: one's thugging, one's loving, or one's thug loving.

That does sound like a bad look.

Young Phonics should have known that his attempts to co-opt my lifestyle could only end badly. Be easy on the kid, though.

Where did you get that picture of crazypoprock from?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bad look = teacher showing up late for the second day of class so i gotta go to the library and read what you assholes wrote because all my friends are in class

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i think that looks amazing! you could scare kids real good with that on halloween.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    kuato????

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I disagree.

and I thought you promised never to post any pictures of my from my bad side

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    "Swing Out Sister had some joints, though."

you say that like its a bad thing. "breakout" is one of my all time favorite jams.

That's what I'm saying...I actually spin that record on occasion.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    places that charge extra for condiments, worst example is some fish n chips shops in london charge you extra for ketchup...

sandals with socks...

calling a store like Acadamy a "record spot"...

making phone calls after having more than 5 drinks...

popping your collar...

assorted record collecting dudes who act like they've never read an issue of Grand Slam, but instead have been reading Murder Dog since 1999... (a.k.a. all the dudes who used to jock DJ Shadow jocking Diplo instead...)

getting caught sneaking your own booze into the club..

paying more than 20 dollars for any CD...

people in cars complaining about bicyclists...

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    people in cars complaining about bicyclists...

COSIGN

See Also: Bicyclists riding on busy sidewalks.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

not the best look

• people with umberellas walking under sheltered places &
    carrying that shit eye-level.
    in train stations: bizness men with long coats and heavy briefcases running and pushing past.
    smoking cigars/pipes in public places.
    smelly armpit dude stands next to you on subway