Crazy Legs 'Retires'

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
CNN gave Crazy Legs a nod in this touching if somewhat pathetic fluff piece on his retiring from battling at age 46

If you see how many homespun dimwits are teaching elementary school kids 'street dance' or 'hip hop dance' all over the world - Rock Steady Crew could have made real money if they had somehow managed to brand themselves and breakdancing more - nationwide RSC breakdance schools or some such. Missed opportunities always seem to be the recurring theme for a lot of pioneers from bitd

The emphasis on RSC members being required Grade A students is an obvious attempt to steer well away from any street association 'breakdancing' might still have in the minds of concerned parents. I remember buck4 and kuriaki were both killed after drug game entanglements, Kuriaki having been tortured in his own garage iirc? Shit got ugly.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I thought he retired from battling years ago?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    staxwax said:
    Rock Steady Crew could have made real money if they had somehow managed to brand themselves and breakdancing more - nationwide RSC breakdance schools or some such.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Kuriaki was briefly part of that post-White Lines configuration of the Furious Five which did the rounds after Flash fell out with the Robinsons and went out on his own. I remember him being in the line-up when they appeared at the Hacienda in '83, although his role that night involved little more than throwing a few martial arts shapes.