Any Richmond/San Pablo strutters? Everything ok?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
http://edis.oes.ca.gov/337276.xml

I see they are saying they got the fire under control. But crazy all that shit in the air. If I saw warning like this, I would shit my pants.

"Instructions: Residents in Richmond, North Richmond and San Pablo, are advised to shelter in place, go inside, close all windows and doors, turn off all heaters, air conditioners and fans. If not using the fireplace, close fireplace dampers and vents, and cover cracks around doors and windows with tape or damped towels. Media News networks will continue to carry updated emergency information. Stay off the telephone unless you have a life threatening emergency. "

Up to date info.

http://sfist.com/2012/08/06/chevron_refinery_fire_in_richmond_p.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Shit is FOUL. My lady works up in that part of the Bay, but I'm glad she didn't yesterday or today.

North Bay folks stay alert and hopefully all this will pass ASAP.

I've heard that hundreds of people have reported serious respiratory issues in the fallout of the disaster.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    I live just south of there. It looks cool out now but it was pretty scary looking last night. I wish it wasn't par for the course but they had another big one there just a few years ago.

• Options
    Ghastly!

It looks like a volcano erupted.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:

I've heard that hundreds of people have reported serious respiratory issues in the fallout of the disaster.

I saw some local news feed video with people at hospitals.

My question. Is there a reason there is nothing about this on national news? Looking on CNN website, I don't see anything.

NBC news, it just mentions it could cause gas prices to go up.

Why is this? Because these sites depend on their ad money?

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    I don't watch the news much but I think it looked far more dramatic than it was. Nobody was admitted to a hospital. Chevron leaking shit into Richmond isn't news it's life. I'm sure the news has more entertaining things to report.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Oh ok. Good to know. The report I was watching was showing people at the hospital and they interviewed one women who said she was having problems breathing and headaches. Thought it seemed more serious.

Are Shelter In Place normal there as well?

Edit: Yeah I see. 350 went to hospitals with issues. But none admitted.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Refinery-fire-out-shelter-order-lifted-3768583.php

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I lived in Richmond for more than 10 years. Every now and then there were alerts about stuff being released into the air from Chevron that are toxic and warnings came on TV. It is a normal part of life there.