Kool Keith/"Retired"/Goodbye Rap.....

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central

If dude is "gone", he extended his shit longer than many of his peers from his era.

"Go back to the Batcave and take my cape off....."

Comments

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    May his speedos rest in peace.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Reminds me of the last episode of Seinfeld.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    tryin to collect records... WACK

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Sorry to see him retire though suspect it wouldn't be for long. I've always believed that with the right production the guy has another great album in him. However I always thought that about G Rap and that's been proved wrong time and again.

This seems as an appropriate place to ask this as anywhere else.

Batmon, what would you recommend for someone craving some Keith who hasn't really checked him since Sex Style? What are the late nineties/naughties keepers?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    kool keith disses the "P.I.M.P, PIMP! of the microphone"...lol

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Junior said:
    Batmon, what would you recommend for someone craving some Keith who hasn't really checked him since Sex Style? What are the late nineties/naughties keepers?

Matthew and Dr. Dooooom from the 90's.

The Lost Masters Volume 2 for a taste of his more recent styles. Dude is off the deep end here.

Dr. Dooooom 2 is a return to his more sci-fi type shit.

He's best when he's bitter....IMO.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    Junior said:

The Lost Masters Volume 2 for a taste of his more recent styles. Dude is off the deep end here.

I always liked this one off the first Dr. Doom record:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    check out masters of illusion as well

i dream about a final G rap record
    but keith has stayed relevant for the longest for sure

pcmr said:
    check out masters of illusion as well

no doubt

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    batmon said:

Do you also get the "magnificent conversion to Islam" as a YouTube recommendation straight after the Kool Keith video? Weird. Like the Amazon suggestion in my inbox twice a week: "based on your previous purchases we have the following country and western box set recommendations for you..." Dude!?!?!?!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Thanks Batmon (and pcmr and Larry) - will get familiar.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    CousinLarry said:
    batmon said:
    Junior said:

I always liked this one off the first Dr. Doom record:

I think that's the last really good Kool Keith song. It is super funny, though, and Keith's flow is great on it.

• Options
    I liked him as Sinister 6000 on the Automator Lp.

Then came 'Toot toot beep beep' ft. Heather Hunter UK press in a bulk lot purchase and it was

"curiosooo"

• i don't believe he will stop doing this, what does he want to do afterwards anyway?

btw, love the Breitling he is wearing in the "Goodbye Rap" video

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I tried to get some enjoyment from Dr Dooom but it just never grew on me, and Black Elvis was even worse IMO. As a semi-guilty pleasure I did like the Analog Brothers record he did with Ice-T (probably the last time I enjoyed Ice as a rapper as well).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    stinkie said:

best rap diss evar

Did Keith ever reply back to this?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    DOR said:
    stinkie said:

best rap diss evar

Did Keith ever reply back to this?

why would he care that some gossip blogger is lamely dissing him?

Didn't he care enough to make tracks directed at him in the first place?

Not that I'm a fan of Jacky Jasper (Tho, I did like some of his early HDV shit). But the guy was rapping long before blogging. Since the late 80's...

I was just curious if there was another track, is all.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    didn't know that jacky started out rappin, just thought he was a gossip guy. wondered why he would have beef with keith anyway...

His first LP (1990) was pretty big in Canada (Not that's sayin' much). But does hold classic status here. My friend X was his DJ back in those days. And one of my good friends is his cousin. But I never really checked for anything from him after that LP when he moved to the US.

The beef comes from Keith and him being down and something happening.

In any case. I was just curious if Keith dropped another track directed at him.

They actually had good chemistry.....

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    This cracked me up when i heard it - its a joke thing Im sure - sounds like hes actually joking on hating rap and hip hop in general. OR IS HE?
    typical Kool Keith if you ask me.
    I think this is the first record by him in about 10 years ive found mildly amusing in any way.

"old rapper output over the last 10 years??? WACK!"

• batmon said:

If dude is "gone", he extended his shit longer than many of his peers from his era.

"Go back to the Batcave and take my cape off....."

1:48 is like the best thing I've seen in a long time. I laughed so hard and watched it over and over.