Yoga Strut

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
I know Waximan listens to Yoga records, but does anyone actually do yoga?

I do. If you're in LA, you've probbaly heard of Bikram Yoga since the guy's teaching school is there. It's the hot yoga for those who might have heardiot described that way, and it's pretty damn awesome. Before I tried it, I had this perception of yoga as something pregnant women and wusses did. But it's pretty hardcore. I've seen gym dudes with serious muscles try it for the first time and leave the room before the half-way point because they couldn't handle it.

Also, there are hot women in the classes, so there's that.

But I digress. Anyone into it?

Comments

• Coming up on three years of weekly Iyengar yoga. Cured my chronic back pain.

I love it when young buff dudes strut in for a larf and bail halfway.

And yeah, hot women (including my instructor wife!).

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    the wife does "hot yoga" not sure what its about, bunch of people in a crazy hot room doing yoga...i went once just to see what its all about and saw so many "hawty nawty's" that i swore i could never return...

yoga pants! that is all

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Plantweed said:
    Coming up on three years of weekly Iyengar yoga. Cured my chronic back pain.

I love it when young buff dudes strut in for a larf and bail halfway.

And yeah, hot women (including my instructor wife!).

Cool. I just googled Iyengar yoga cause I haven't done anythign apart from Bikram. Does the series varry? Bikram is always exactly the same sequence of postures.

b/w

plaese to find me hot yoga teacher wife

• Iyengar varies every time. It's more strength- and endurance-based. Rather than a "flow," you hold poses longer, building up the muscles and increasing flexibility. I love it, and will do it for life. Can't imagine how crappy I'd feel if I stopped.

Can't help with the instructor thing, sorry. My advice would be to get in shape and be charming. Seems to work for some guys.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Plantweed said:
    Iyengar varies every time. It's more strength- and endurance-based. Rather than a "flow," you hold poses longer, building up the muscles and increasing flexibility. I love it, and will do it for life. Can't imagine how crappy I'd feel if I stopped.

Can't help with the instructor thing, sorry. My advice would be to get in shape and be charming. Seems to work for some guys.

Ahh ok... Bikram is always the same postures, but it's definitely strength and endurance based as well. And yeah... getting some more muscle mass and being charming is the sum total of my game-plan!

• Options
    Sometimes I do little exercises in bed when I wake up. I've never tried yoga, or getting a massage. Leg lifts seem to help me get going.