Damn It's Hot!

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited August 2012 in Strut Central
Not sure how long I can take this.
Yesterday it was it almost 90o, today it's supposed to hit 100o.

July wasn't too bad here, average temp was 78o, so we had a few hot days, and a few nice days in the high 60s.

Have all you all been having a hot summer too?

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    It's been great in Seattle for the past couple of months. 75 and sunny. Rolled down to Portland Thursday to be greeted with this. Ha!
    I'm okay with it. It's summer. But pretty sure I couldn't handle living somewhere with heat and humidity.

• Options
    The heat is good for the circulation in my right leg.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Leaving the heat and humidity for Seattle and Glacier National Park next week...Memphis in August is no joke.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,461 Posts
    36??C/96??F in Halifax right now with the humidex...its too much to take, couldnt imagine it being hotter then this...

**i'd have to guess its a 2 or 3 shower day for sure

• Options
    dj_cityboy said:

**i'd have to guess its a 2 or 3 shower day for sure

Looks like there is going to be a big storm tonight.

I assume the "humidex" is the heat index...so it is 107 here factoring that in.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    it's great that portland has something new to whine about.

hi dan

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    There is no weather that we can't whine about.

Hi Tom

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,091 Posts
    I'm in southern CA so hot summers are expected. I cannot put up with that humid shit, though. Sorry, all you southeast people.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    The humidity in Toronto this summer has been out of control. I hate it. I think I'm gonna break down and get an A/C unit next year.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    The humidity in Toronto this summer has been out of control. I hate it. I think I'm gonna break down and get an A/C unit next year.

I decided to check out a bit of Caribana today. Mistake... It was scorching down there. Felt like the hottest day this year.

• It's dumb hot here, I think Bezelbub has moved to Virginia...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Boo hoo.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Boo hoo.

Cold front moved through Dallas today.....down to 98F....lovin' it!

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Anyone from the Pacific Northwest should not be allowed to complain about the Heat. Oh no two days of 90's while I've spent the summer in the swamp ass sauna known as Florida. 90s have been the average for the past 2 months with only breaks for torrential downpours mixed with lighting. Florida is brutal and beautiful scarlet, summer's gonna hurt you.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Beautiful here in Seattle all summer. High today will be 70. Love it.

A high of 70 in the summer? That would be hell to me.

Big_Chan said:

Been enjoying your city this week...the weather is so nice. Eating outside in August? Unthinkable in Memphis. Now as my wife and I wait in line for our second round of Salumi in just as many days, we are headed to the train station to go to Glacier National Park. So glad I won't be back in the sweaty crotch hell of Memphis until next week. Our experience here this week has us seriously considering moving here.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Big_Chan said:

Been enjoying your city this week...the weather is so nice. Eating outside in August? Unthinkable in Memphis. Now as my wife and I wait in line for our second round of Salumi in just as many days, we are headed to the train station to go to Glacier National Park. So glad I won't be back in the sweaty crotch hell of Memphis until next week. Our experience here this week has us seriously considering moving here.

Glad to hear you are having a good time here! Glacier National Park is great. You will love it.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Washington holds the distinction of being the only continental U.S. state not to have "above-normal" temperatures this year -- their temps are only normal or something. But, fuck, July was only the hottest month ever, at the end of the 12 hottest months in history, beating the record of each of the previous 12-month periods being the hottest ever. So, yes, it's hot! I have never spent so much time indoors during the summer and so longingly looked forward to a deep, cold winter.

Simple solution to heat: go fucking swimming often.

• Options
    High pressure has settle here in the San Joaquin valley. Could reach a hundred eight.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Spent 3 hours in traffic with no AC en route to 117 degrees with 20% humidity.