any of you been told you have a drinking problem?

2»

Comments

• your drink of choice was the apple martini.

NO YOU ARE THINKING OF GUZZO

Uh-oh.

Haven't we both been spoken to about keeping Guzzle's name out our mouth (bitch)?

PERHAPS, BUT THAT DOES NOT EXTEND TO HIS TASTE FOR GIRLY DRINKS

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I guess I only get outta control quanity wise if it is a drink I absolutely love...Jameson, Hoegaarden...if I am at a party and they just have some standard beer, liquor I can be responsible, but if I go somewhere and they have a fifth of Jameson sittin there, I am going to drink the entire bottle.

• All I can say, is that after the last party I went to, I am now no longer allowed to make my infamous 'memory-loss' Margaritas.

RecipeStrut request...

Prof. Rockwells Frozen Strawberry Memory Loss Margaritas:

fill one blender with frozen strawberrys
    fill 1/2 - 2/3 with tequila of your choice
    fill rest with margarita mix
    couple squirts of lime juice
    blend to taste
    drink and forget

for reals - everyone got wasted that night. A few of us went on the roof, and apparently were up there for several hours - none of us remembers. By the time we got back down, everyone was gone, and the hostess was in bed. Had to wake her up to get my wallet phone and keys. And I remember bits and pieces of the trip home - discovering that my train was not going into Brooklyn that weekend, passing out and waking up to see that I was going back uptown, getting a cab and the driver asking me to roll down the window and giving me gum. I must have stunk.

Oh, and we were smoking lots of joints with hash in them too. So that might have had something to do with it.

• say man ..... i've had a problem with the sauce in my lifetime. i don't wild out like you apparently do at times .... i'm more of the sad bastard, get drunk by myself in my apartment type .. but i was actually sober for quite a while this year. i don't know why that fell apart. i enjoyed my sobriety.

my new job is awful for people like me. my days are fucking stressful and i get off at 3. so a lot of the time i'm drinking by 3:30 or so in the afternoon. like today. it's a good thing i don't have a good connection for pharmaceuticals because i'd be all over that shit.

really though, i love what i do, and i can't imagine doing anything else ... but sometimes i get beat up in the market and as soon as i get home i'm doing whatever it takes to put the day behind me ... even if i did well. i can shrug it off now because i'm only 25, even though i have a kind of fucked up history with alcohol, but in ten years i can't be doing this shit anymore. oh well mayne ... as long as i don't start drinking on my 10 minute lunch break i'll probably be cool ..

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    i don't drink that often (once/twice a week?), and when i go out to dinner i'm usually a 1-2 beer/drink drinker. but when i go out to the bar, or to a party it's every man for himself (not to be sexist). last friday night, after about 8 martinis, i walked down the street with a large group of friends to another, more upscale bar, to keep it going. as i walked to the restroom, i somehow found myself in the wine celler of this artsy place, so naturally, i decided to give my sommelier skillz a refresher, and i took a bottle of wine back out onto the floor, under my arm as if i were going to pour it professionally. one-minute later, i was 86'd!? what the fuck? i'm almost 29, and have to be really responsible half of the time... what should i do with the other half? while i thought that whole thing was really funny, some of the more uppity folks i was rolling with are still pissed, but seriously, how many cosmopolitans can one person drink anyway?

dude you sound just like my best friend...he was the FUNNEST dude to be around when we were drunk. We'd put stickers on bouncers backs and take pictures and shit like that...steal drinks when people turned around and laugh at them while they looked and we drank. the wandering into the wine cellar and emerging sommalier style is top knotch though, I love shit like that...keep up the good work. We need to drink together if you come to LA. haha

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Re: any of you been told you have a drinking problem?

The last time I was told I had a problem was, coincidentally, the last time I drank. I remember it because it was the night I kicked my own mother through the door between her kitchen and garage. As she fell, she grabbing a nearby trash car for balance, which spilled all over her.

They say certain things make it obvious. And I tend to believe them.

File under: My memories bring me misery.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

A related question... does anyone else have a hard time adjusting to the fact that you can't drink as much as you used to? I'm a couple years out of college and could take down a ridiculous amount of booze and be fine, but now I have a couple beers and I'm already feeling it.

DJ Ferrari

You right. I feel like a pussy sometimes these days. It's less the drunk part and more the hangover. I used to be able to drink it up with no repurcussions the next day; nowadays I deal with some serious headaches the next day if I drink too much.

Anyway I don't booze too often, but when I do - laaaawdaffmersseee!. I've beefed with friends and my sisters while over but never anything that changed our relationship long-term. This last week in Yosemite I got into it pretty good with one of my bestest friends in the world. He was drunk, too, though. And the next morning it was all love (no telling if that incident may come up again to haunt me, though).

However, what I have SERIOUSLY messed up and regretted due to alcohol is potential mack moves. There are girls that were interested in me and whom I could never talk to anymore due to drunken antics in their presence.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    be careful magic jackson. seriously, when you are "beyond drunk" you completely lose your perception of danger. this hits close to home because one of my good friends who i worry about constantly is a binge drinker. he doesn't drink everyday and is a responsible person during the work week, but when he does drink it's like he is teetering on catastrophe. it's like he is unconcious because he has zero sense and ends up getting into the ugliest messes because he thinks everyone is cool with him. the rock bottom moment happened about 3 weeks ago when after a night of getting too drunk during a performance, he just decided to throw caution to the wind. the next day nobody knew where he was, but his car was around. he never sobered up because he just kept drinking whiskey all night (and continued to the next day) and this shit sneaks up on you fierce. i rode my bike round neighborhood bars in the afternoon looking for him, found him smashed with his shirt all ripped because a bunch of dudes at the bar were fucking with him. then all of a sudden 5 gutter punks are beating him because i guess he was being really drunk obnoxious prior to me getting there. he got mildly concussed and had $700 stolen from him. it sucked so bad to witness this cause i couldn't do anythig to stop them. karlito's right about the binge drinking being unhealthy for you mentally. dude gets more depressed after one of these episodes and ends up drinking more to feel better and i just see his disposition degenerating rapidly because of it. he's almost a completely different person now

be careful dude

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Not really, but maybe that's because I'm not around people who'd tell me about stuff like that. These past weeks I've been seriously evaluating my drinking habits, though. I rarely ever drink on weekdays, but I tend to get drunk on Fridays and Saturdays. What's kinda worried me in the past is that I pretty much always get memory loss. I don't get that "damn I'm drunk" feeling that others seem to get since my memory's gone before I reach that stage. Yet I've never in my life truly passed out, and (sober(er)) friends tell me that I don't appear excessively drunk even during these times I have no recollection of. (If this is a sign of brain damage, speak up.)

I've done a lot of stupid shit while drunk (stealing the key from a bar's cash register is what I regard as "fun," not stupid), but thankfully, I think I learned my lesson from the most idiotic thing I did.

Anyway, in July I woke up really drunk twice on subsequent weekends. I don't mean a slight buzz, but the type of thing were I get a hangover at like 8PM. Not fun. Ultimately, all this stuff has made me realize that I need to cut back on my drinking. So I guess the lesson for me is this-- getting drunk can be fun, but getting too drunk and getting drunk just to get drunk is usually . And since I've known this all along, I guess there's a problem somewhere...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I love[/b] drinking (ask my SF Strutter dudes). I don't give a shit what folks say, I'm happy when I'm with good folks, good music, eye candy etc....

Actually i'm hungover right now.

I also tried Jim Bean for the first time on Saturday. That shit was crazy.

Jim Beam is one of my favourites.

I only just discovered my drinks (bourbon and scotch) recently and so my ability and capacity to drink more and with relatively few embarrassments is actually improving with age. I drink water throughout the night, and I've never really been one to get hung-over, but I do get the next day blues now and then. I didn't know til recently that alcohol was a depressant.

Getting drunk with my BF is a lot of fun.

There's a couple of strutters who can say whether I'm a bad drunk or not...I know I smoke a hell of a lot more and I begin spit (not rap, hork) and I get more obnxious.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    After wrecking a Porsche, car chases with cops, numerous barfights, concusions, and arrests, ...oh and nearly cutting two of my fingers off. I realized that it was time to slow down. Now when I say "two drinks", I can leave it at that, and I have never been prouder.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

However, what I have SERIOUSLY messed up and regretted due to alcohol is potential mack moves. There are girls that were interested in me and whom I could never talk to anymore due to drunken antics in their presence.

True indeed.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Still being Straight Edge means I don't get told I have a drinking problem, usually my friends tell me I have a non-drinking problem & want me to start again. They reckon it solves all your problems.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Still being Straight Edge means I don't get told I have a drinking problem, usually my friends tell me I have a non-drinking problem & want me to start again. They reckon it solves all your problems.

hey man, sometimes there is nothing better than a cold one after a hard day of work. It's just when that 'cold one[/b] ' turns into....

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

A related question... does anyone else have a hard time adjusting to the fact that you can't drink as much as you used to? I'm a couple years out of college and could take down a ridiculous amount of booze and be fine, but now I have a couple beers and I'm already feeling it.

DJ Ferrari

You right. I feel like a pussy sometimes these days. It's less the drunk part and more the hangover. I used to be able to drink it up with no repurcussions the next day; nowadays I deal with some serious headaches the next day if I drink too much.

i have this same problem and it makes me very sad...
    i feel crippled nowadays. whereas i used to do everything hungover, now i can barely function let alone be productive. balancing my love of alcohol for the repurcussions of the next day's handicapped behavior has been a big struggle for my past two post-college years.
    now i'm sad again.

• last friday

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i don't drink that often (once/twice a week?), and when i go out to dinner i'm usually a 1-2 beer/drink drinker. but when i go out to the bar, or to a party it's every man for himself (not to be sexist). last friday night, after about 8 martinis, i walked down the street with a large group of friends to another, more upscale bar, to keep it going. as i walked to the restroom, i somehow found myself in the wine celler of this artsy place, so naturally, i decided to give my sommelier skillz a refresher, and i took a bottle of wine back out onto the floor, under my arm as if i were going to pour it professionally. one-minute later, i was 86'd!? what the fuck? i'm almost 29, and have to be really responsible half of the time... what should i do with the other half? while i thought that whole thing was really funny, some of the more uppity folks i was rolling with are still pissed, but seriously, how many cosmopolitans can one person drink anyway?

That's some West Seattle shit right there hommie. Everyone I know that lives in West Seattle is an alcoholic! Kirk Dubb and some other cats who will remain nameless. Are you in the bars at the Maharaja and Jak's getting blasted? West 5? Why do people in West Seattle rarely leave West Seattle?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    magical's probably at the Poggie tavern as we speek doin pulltabs and mackin on toothless ladies.

I keep it strictly lower queen anne.