Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    jjfad027 said:

I fear this is the gateway name change. Next year it will be Snoop Grizzly, then six months after that, Snoop Shark Riding On An Elephants Back Shooting Missiles.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    How long will this last?

About this long:

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Snoop Lion. Wow...

Just doesn't have the same "ring" to it. I wonder if this is a pre-emptive move to put out music in that EDM-hiphop trainwreck genre? That, or dude is higher than a witchdoctor.

Edit: I read the article and see he's working on a reggae project. It kinda makes sense now.

Kindly,
    parallax

The music on the cut they've put out (La La La) is a rip from Junior Byle's version of 'Fever', at least to my ears.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Get that Red Gold & GREEN

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Chill breh

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's good to see him mature.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Bob Mizzle

Since Diplo is on the boards, I will suspend my disbelief for the time being.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    i thought this was hilarious when i read it, then found myself bobbin my head to La La La only moments later.....

i still think the name chance is weak though, s'all good if he wants to cross over and be all "jah rastafari" and whatever....just no need for the name chance, imho..

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I saw him on the street two nights ago. A random midtwon west cross street. He was really cool, taking pictures with everyone and anyone.

MILEY CYRUS + SNOOP LION = CANNOT FAIL:

OH SHIT, IT FAILED.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i listened to the album all the way through the other day, and i wanted to like it???i really did???but.... pretty bad

"la la la" was ok, but other than that, this was the only track i was into*: "[under mi] fruit juice"

*to be fair, i might be biased since i really, really like fruit juice of all types

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Never go full rastard

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    As I've said elsewhere: Black Ras Trent.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    My brother came over tonight, and showed my this with a whole lotta pride. Flip to 3:20 and watch for a minute. My bro designed that shit!

he's taking the "Make me one Nigga" comment seriously. He says they're going to engrave Snoop Lion on it, I'm trying to get him to stick to the OG, we'll see.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    See this?

Rapper-turned-reggae-singer tells Jamaican legend: 'How dare you? After all I've done for you?'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/apr/25/snoop-lion-bunny-wailer-rastafarianism?INTCMP=SRCH

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    My brother came over tonight, and showed my this with a whole lotta pride. Flip to 3:20 and watch for a minute. My bro designed that shit!

he's taking the "Make me one Nigga" comment seriously. He says they're going to engrave Snoop Lion on it, I'm trying to get him to stick to the OG, we'll see.

that's some pretty clever engineering! Glad to see that "necessity is the mother of invention" still holds true in this day and age...

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    "party all the time" gold record on the wall, so you know this is gonna be solid: