new Tame Impala

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
Looking forward to the LP in October

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    DJBombjack said:
    Looking forward to the LP in October

yeah 'apocalypse dreams' is great. their live show is pretty abysmal tho. so disappointed when i went to see them at bowery ballroom last year. inner speaker is definitely in my top 10 albums of the last 10 years

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Sounds amazing, like their other stuff. I just really dig that sound.

Kindly,
    parallax

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Free (for a newsletter subscription) download of "Apocalypse Dreams" on Modular's website:

http://www.modularpeople.com/news/download-tame-impala-apocalypse-dreams/18580.html

They're doing a show here on October 22nd, but since DocDelay and others have implied that their live game is weak I'm not sure if I'll risk it.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    You can help design their deluxe edition vinyl of Lonerism:

http://modularpeople.com/pages/lonerismdeluxe/

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    STOKED
    one of the most memorable live shows i've been to in a while.

• I didn't realize this until recently but apparently Tame Impala is really the recording project of one dude (Kevin Parker) with recruited musicians... sort of like Dungen. Might explain why some of their earlier live shows were subpar.

That Apocalypse Dreams track is ridiculously good...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    And I'm still looking for the first 10" EP if anyone can help hook that up (cash or trades, first born child etc).

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    very excited about this!!!

anybody checked the last Pond Outing? Also very well done imo.

• big earbig ear 67 Posts
    from what I know, Kevin played almost everything on Innerspeaker (and does again on the new album).
    and although at times sharing the same line-up, I think Pond have suffered from weaker song writing and poorer production.
    that said, the last Pond album was definitely their strongest effort (I think it was the first one produced by Kevin).
    I have not seen Pond live, but apparently the inverse of Tame is the rule - much better live than on record.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    yes, co-sign on the poorer production, but still very well executed. you could be very right about the live shows. but although this two groups may share some of the same musicians, you cant compare them directly, imo both come with a very unique sound.

• big earbig ear 67 Posts
    you're right, very different bands. two of the guys from Pond (one of them in Tame) have another project called Allbrook/Avery. as far as I can tell nothing has been released yet (even though the youtube clip says the album is out)

I really dig this track (and the video)

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Does anyone think dudes voice sounds just like John Lennon's?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This is another Tame Impala-related project (produced by Kevin IIRC). Kinda like Broadcast/Stereolab meets TI. I dig it.

• album of the year

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    they were tearing it up at webster hall
    a perfect show
    the drummer is a beast

• I really enjoyed the new album after giving it a few proper listens. I've been playing the Melody's Echo Chamber and Tame Impala a lot lately. Really enjoy how they sound back to back.

• Lonerism was AMAZING!!

• a little side project Kevin Parker is in on. not the best audio quality but you get the idea. Kevin on drums and Cam Avery on bass

Kevin Spacey/Golden Triangle Municipal Funk Band:

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Just bought this LP too. Liked their first LP, love this second LP.