New York people???free tix (Mario Batali-R)

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
I just got the word that we're giving away free tickets to an al fresco dinner at The New York Botanical Garden for tomorrow night on teh Facebooks. It's prepared and hosted by the chefs from Babbo and Lupa. If you want tix, email fb@nybg.org with your name after around 7 p.m. tonight, and I'll probably be able to get them for you, since I'll be getting those emails (as supplies last of course). If I don't know you personally, PM me your name so I'll recognize it. It's a family-friendly thing, so you can bring kids if you have them.

Info here: http://www.mastercard.us/priceless-cities/newyork/offer-details.html?id=910512

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dress code (orange crocs)?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

Ha! We're actually giving away some of those Crocs as part of a separate promotion with Batali. In ten years, we're going to look back at Crocs as the Skids of this era.

Wait doesn't he wear Skids too?

• DB_Cooper said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Ha! We're actually giving away some of those Crocs as part of a separate promotion with Batali. In ten years, we're going to look back at Crocs as the Skids of this era.

Wait doesn't he wear Skids too?

aren't "skids" just the GO-Bots version of Zubaz?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

Indeed! Man, that Mario Batali is a walking sartorial trainwreck sure has a style all his own.

• DB_Cooper said:
    vintageinfants said:

Indeed! Man, that Mario Batali is a walking sartorial trainwreck sure has a style all his own.

is it really so egregious coming from a big italian ginger?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

aren't "skids" just a Scottish power-pop band riding on the coat tails of punk, pioneers of guitar-as-bagpipes skirl, overly fond of Iffy Tuetonic imagery, with pretensions to Greek classicism and displays of erudition inappropriate to ones dressed like a nightmare vision of a pre-pubescent and sexless future, who still managed to purvey such mighty slices of energetic, authentic and supremely melodious rifferama as 'Charade', 'Into The Valley', 'Masquerade' and 'Working For The Yankee Dollar'?

Fixed

Carry on.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Man, so wishing I lived even remotely in the area right about now...