Hell Preachers Inc.--Deep Purple or Lucifer's Friend?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
Pitting together my Jon Lord tribute for tomorrow and I am apprehensive about including that record...heard it was Deep Purple, but also I've heard it is Lucifer's Friend ingognito. Can anybody speak on it?

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Pitting together my Jon Lord tribute for tomorrow and I am apprehensive about including that record...heard it was Deep Purple, but also I've heard it is Lucifer's Friend ingognito. Can anybody speak on it?

Pretty sure this is not Deep Purple, and seeing as Lord always denied it, I don't know if it would really be a good tribute to him to play it.

It was definitely recorded in '68, and DP didn't sound quite like this until '70 or so.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    yeah, as I listen more, it seems like it is Lucifer's Friend...

• sellout1sellout1 83 Posts
    It's a German studio project, featuring ex-members of beat groups The Rattles and The German Bonds (who would eventually form Lucifer's Friend) seems fairly likely to be the correct one, since those very same folks cut another similar exploito-psych album under the "band" name Bokaj Retsiem around the very same time. That album was simply titled Psychedelic Underground, so maybe they thought they did an even better job as Hell Preachers, Inc.!

hope that helps....