BATMAN/MON (NRR)

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
WHAT IS THE OPTIMAL NY MOVIE THEATER FOR THE DARK KNIGHT BEATDOWN EXPERIENCE?

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    WHAT IS THE OPTIMAL NY MOVIE THEATER FOR THE DARK KNIGHT BEATDOWN EXPERIENCE?

68th and broadway is the crazy imax. I think it's like 9 stories high or something.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit is already sold out bro! or at least fandango says it is

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    shit is already sold out bro! or at least fandango says it is

A few people in my office copped weeks ago. Sleepin...

They do midnight shows there for movies like this, so check later in the week..or month.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    if you can watch it on Imax 15/70 film, that's how Nolan filmed over half of it and how it was meant to be seen. There were less than 100 prints made worldwide. Only certain theaters still show Imax on film instead of digital, but I'm sure there's a few in NY.

Here's a list for urrybody: http://www.lfexaminer.com/DarkKnightRisesOn1570.htm

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, totally not used to stuff selling out that quickly. didn't even know tickets went on sale that early. maybe i can finally watch avengers instead? is that still even in theater?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    As much as I want to see it, I'll wait it out...

I wanna see it on the proper and only one spot in my city is showing it like that. Last time I had to wait a couple of weeks for shit to cool down on tickets always being sold out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i saw Spider Gwen at 34th street Imax 3D and the shit was underwhelming.

I saw Avengers in Queens and shit was hot.

Im checkin Batman in Queens. I got the day off so im going to hangout in the afternoon and try to peep a noon to 3pm joint.

I still think Battery City is the Undiscovered Country when it comes to checkin films out.

AVOID MIDTOWN AT ALL COSTS! FUSK WHATCHA SMELLED.

From the link Day posted. The AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 & IMAX would be the ultimate place to see in NYC. But shit will be crazy for awhile I take it.

DOR said:
    From the link Day posted. The AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 & IMAX would be the ultimate place to see in NYC. But shit will be crazy for awhile I take it.

Thats a nice theatre but its the number one date hot spot on the upper west side.
    Its always crowded. The 84th street Six higher up on Bway was the hot spot throughout the 80s and 90s.

avoid on opening night.....imo.

No, I get that. But it's the best possible theater to be able to see the flick in 15/70 film. Majority of people wouldn't care.

But since Nolan shot an hour of the movie in that format, it's worth checking it out when the crowds aren't ridiculous.

More into here.

http://www.lfexaminer.com/WhySeeDarkKnightRisesInIMAXfilmTheater.htm

DOR said:
    No, I get that. But it's the best possible theater to be able to see the flick in 15/70 film. Majority of people wouldn't care.

But since Nolan shot an hour of the movie in that format, it's worth checking it out when the crowds aren't ridiculous.

More into here.

http://www.lfexaminer.com/WhySeeDarkKnightRisesInIMAXfilmTheater.htm

i agree.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    maybe i can finally watch avengers instead? is that still even in theater?

I think it might still be showing at Lincoln Center.

My default theaters (there are two separate theaters) are at 86th and 3rd. I imagine they get pretty packed like everywhere else generally, but I'm the kind of guy that waits until a movie's been out 5 weeks, then catches a weekday showing so the theater is pretty empty.

DB_Cooper said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

My default theaters (there are two separate theaters) are at 86th and 3rd. I imagine they get pretty packed like everywhere else generally, but I'm the kind of guy that waits until a movie's been out 5 weeks, then catches a weekday showing so the theater is pretty empty.

Yo DB, u know John Brown Smokehouse moved to a larger place south of the bridge.

batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Yo DB, u know John Brown Smokehouse moved to a larger place south of the bridge.

Oh man, I'd been meaning to check that place out. Tess and I actually moved to Brewster a few months ago. Turns out our place in Astoria was in a bed bug building and after a while bed bugs started moving in from other apartments. Total nightmare, and Tess wanted to move as far away from bed bugs as possible. Now I have to Metro-North it to work, although I must admit it's a lot more comfortable than the 4 train.

DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Oh man, I'd been meaning to check that place out. Tess and I actually moved to Brewster a few months ago. Turns out our place in Astoria was in a bed bug building and after a while bed bugs started moving in from other apartments. Total nightmare, and Tess wanted to move as far away from bed bugs as possible. Now I have to Metro-North it to work, although I must admit it's a lot more comfortable than the 4 train.

I hear that.

batmon said:
    I hear that.

Bit of (non) culture shock though. But its also easier to sleep without cops hitting the siren to blow the red light outside my bedroom window at all hours of the night like they used to.

DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    I hear that.

Bit of (non) culture shock though. But its also easier to sleep without cops hitting the siren to blow the red light outside my bedroom window at all hours of the night like they used to.

YO ASS AINT READY FOR NEW YORK CITY!

But u cant front on the food options in Astoria.

Think we should recruit Soulstrut dudes for Avengers Alliance?

batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    I hear that.

YO ASS AINT READY FOR NEW YORK CITY!

But u cant front on the food options in Astoria.

Think we should recruit Soulstrut dudes for Avengers Alliance?

Ha! Nah, I was cool with staying, but I'm smart enough not to argue with a near-hysterical lady. Astoria's food game is DEEP deep, but most Manhattanites never make it out that way.

I think everybody in those Marvel threads should get down with the Soulstrut Alliance.