STAXWAX LOCATION REVEALED

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited July 2012 in Strut Central
YO guys just wanna let you know - i love the banter might get fucked up and caught posting BS in this bitch but it is all love.
Residing in amsterdam but ive lived all over including london town in the 90's and NYC in the 70's. I know where they keep the old 2nd ave deli sign, one love. Here' s a recent radio show i did with the crazy homey - red light radio coming straight from the red light district. showing love to PUTS and Phill most chill in the set. 1.

"I got a thousand old records in my crib - know a lot of beats but i say no names"

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The elephant in the room:

Where did you spend the 80s?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    What's your moms maiden name? :blank:

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    skel said:

Arf.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    that's your show? i just happened to listen to that Jeremy 'Underground Paris' show the other day. nice.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    skel said:

b/w

LOL

Wonder what he's up to now. As discussed previously, a mill don't go far when your 20.

Isn't he something big in da UK music biz? Got out early, got himself Kim Appelby.

When looking for a pic this morning, I googled him.

Apparently not called Ken ;) (Viz-R)

Craig Logan

At 25 Logan joined EMI Music as VP of International, which he ran for 3 years. During this time he worked with Robbie Williams, Tina Turner and Garth Brooks.

In 1999 Logan left EMI to work with artist manager, Roger Davies. He went on to oversee worldwide tours and releases for acts including Tina Turner, Sade, Joe Cocker and M People before meeting Pink, who he signed and co-managed with Davies for several years. This was the start of a journey that led to over 30 million sales for Pink and in excess of 150 million sales for Craig.

In 2006 Logan joined SonyBMG UK (now Sony Music) as the Managing Director of the RCA Label Group. During this time, acts launched were Newton Faulkner, The Hoosiers, The Script and Sandi Thom, and it won the Label of the Year award at the Music Week Awards. He left Sony Music in 2010 to start his new venture, Logan Media Entertainment (LME), which was established in 2010.[1] LME now have offices in both London and Los Angeles.

I bet he's worth more than both of 'em put together.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:

b/w

:oh_my:

Cool story bro(s)

Matt n Luke lived in the next street from me and they'd often be in the local, pre-fame period natch.
    One night my pal Len, serious hard case and semi villain rolled up to their table and growled in his gravel pit sarf east lunnun voice that he was now managing them.
    Much Bob Hoskins gangster ish later, Goss boys are in tears and cacking themselves before Len and his boxer mates decide to put them out of their misery and it was trebles all round.
    6 months later it kicked off for them.

I remember it blowing up for Bros well. I'd seen the hype on TV and all that Grolsch-bottle-top/shoelace interface stuff and hated it.

The weekend they got to #1, I was out paintballing in a Stanley Clarke T-shirt and I thought to myself, I thought this is the point where the Radio 1 and the charts have no relevance for me now.

Then some f*cker shot me right down the ear.

Matt Goss is a Vegas headliner now, isn't he? Is he still knocking out "I Owe You Nothing"? Oooof.

BW

STAXWAX - enjoying the show, nice. /bring that thread back.