Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Posted this on my Facebook page earlier today:

I've listened to Above The Law's Livin' Like Hustlers album more than ANY other West Coast Gangsta Rap album ever, that includes anything and everything from Snoop, Dre, NWA, etc. This album is a certified classic in my book. Random lyrics from this album are forever embedded in my brain and pop up in my vernacular on a regular basis. Rest in peace, Illustrator KMG. Thank you for living in my Walkman all those years.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    Above The Law's Livin' Like Hustlers album is a certified classic in my book. Rest in peace, Illustrator KMG.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Damn, R.I.P. He and Hutch played off each other so well. Livin' Like Hustlers and Black Mafia Life were my summer soundtracks in the early 90's

• Damn it. "Livin Like a Hustler" was on constant replay in my walkman. Good lyrics, great beats and samples, very underrated group in it's time. West Coast classic...

"K.M.G., the number one Mack-Daddy, eatin' chicken like a muthafucka rollin' my Caddy..." RIP KMG

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Lame. Was listening to "Black Mafia Life" the other day at the gym.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i was very fortunate to see above the law perform in 1990 at a club called hollywood live on sunset blvd. which was a very popular hip hop venue at the time. sadly nobody knew who they were yet and there were only around 10 or so people there to see them. they still rocked it like pros even at this early stage of their career.
    i still rank LIVIN' LIKE HUSTLERS in my top 20 hip hop albums of all time.

rest in peace to the illustrator KMG.

peace, stein. . .