Who Sampled Who app??

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
Just stumbled across this... latte pass maybe.... but interesting.

whosampled

I'm at work so I haven't been able to check it out in too much detail but had a quick play with it and looks fun/trivial/potentially resourceful...

I like the fact its got youtube clips for the sampler and samplee songs... I could see myself wasting a shitload of time playing the 'what was that sample again?'

Has anyone got the app on their phone? Is there a real use for it other than record nerdery?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I've had the site come up in searches for records I've been after. Haven't used it beyond that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This site has been around for some time, the app is news to me though.

Scan Your Music Library to Discover its DNA

In the WhoSampled app, your music discovery journey starts with your own music collection. This is where the magic happens. The app scans your music library and automatically shows you all of the sample, cover and remix connections for the artists and tracks in it. Just by doing this, you???ll discover incredible connections for the music you already know and love. Additionally, we???ve created a ???Now Playing??? feature, where you can double-tap from your music player to the WhoSampled app to discover all the musical connections for the song you???re listening to right now.

This would've been amazing 10 / 15 years ago.