wifi dialogue

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central

our "nobama" t-shirt wearing downstairs neighbor recently changed his wifi id to "Fake President"... I know it's a bit infantile but I just couldn't resist to respond. We're in the process of moving out and I think I'll hide the modem in the air duct before leaving...

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    "thing parts."
    speak on them plz

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    "thing parts."
    speak on them plz

If you must know, I recently bought a 1974 VW The Thing and "thing parts" is a bookmark for classified sales on thesamba.com where I was shopping for spare parts.

Prompt!
    My friend has a bus. He's on thesamba all the time. Makes sense.

I'm not too up on teabagger logic, but I doubt it's too far down the line before your neighbor's having wi-fi would be labeled communist. Impossible position. I applaud your gibe.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Hahahahaha!

I recently moved house and told my girl first order of biz is find the strongest wifi signal and name ours the same, but put "da_original" in front of it.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, drop a hot paragraph or three about your The Thing. Possible subtopics: awkward definite article inclusion, military provenance, how waterproof is that shit.

this The Thread is on fire for a Saturday!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Also, if it's not too much trouble, drop a hot paragraph or three about your The Thing. Possible subtopics: awkward definite article inclusion, military provenance, how waterproof is that shit.

I think the Mexican army used them for a bit, they were modeled after the WW2 K??belwagen.

I had to buy a car to take to Costa Rica with us and was looking for something with a high clearance that can handle rough dirt roads and that you can drive onto the beach with, convertible so you don't need AC. The Thing has a VW beetle engine and is probably the most basic, easy to fix car you could imagine and it was more or less designed for 3rd world use... last and not least I also figured it's gotta be fun to drive around in it. Can't wait to get it out of the container and throw the surfboard in the back.

I know, it's very ahm... blue but that's why the restorer had some trouble selling it so the price was right

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hahahaa, frank that shit is off the hook! smurfalicious! for real, it looks like a hell of a good time to troop around in

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Our shipper suggested I'd put pink iron cross decals onto the doors...

Another idea was to put big, white "UN" letters on the hood...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    some white detailing stripes?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Frank said:

iron crosses would be ideal, but not pink.

It would make it modern just by putting a black convertible canvas rather than the blue it has now.

Don't forget the voodoo funk logo as an accessory.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    some white detailing stripes?

Ouch!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Burns said:

It would make it modern just by putting a black convertible canvas rather than the blue it has now.

I had the same thought and already got a black top.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    As a non native english speaker my knowledge about american four letter words is kind of limited. After reading this thread, I assumed a "teabagger" is a member of the tea party.
    Tonight I had a political discussion with a american soldier at my local boozer and he seemed to be quite conservative, so I asked him, whether he is a "teabagger" or not. Thank god he he had drunk on my dime and hadnt got the wrong end of the stick.
    I was kind of ashamed when he told me the true meaning of the word "teabagger". :red:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Frank said:

Actual LOLs here.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    As a non native english speaker my knowledge about american four letter words is kind of limited. After reading this thread, I assumed a "teabagger" is a member of the tea party.
    Tonight I had a political discussion with a american soldier at my local boozer and he seemed to be quite conservative, so I asked him, whether he is a "teabagger" or not. Thank god he he had drunk on my dime and hadnt got the wrong end of the stick.
    I was kind of ashamed when he told me the true meaning of the word "teabagger". :red:

That's part of the humor of the whole thing. A first, the tea party types referred to themselves as teabaggers. Then they asked why everybody kept laughing when they said that, found out what "teabagger" had previously referred to, and immediately dropped the name and insisted that only damn dirty liberals every called them that.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I did not author this definition, but it describes some teabaggers perfectly.

christian bragger, diversity lagger, anti-fagger, environmental dragger, equal rights clagger, pointing finger wagger, fox news tagger, truth gagger, fear jagger, greed swagger, tax sagger, world peace fragger, douche bagger

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    One of my neighbors has their wifi as "i can hear you having sex". Just to mess with people I'm sure. The houses are pretty far apart and full of old people, so it's unlikely they hear anything.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    at my old house the neighbors who must have been concerned about bandwidth theft offered this threat to everyone

"steel this cuntz"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    This just popped up at a lounge I'm DJing at right now. Great way to keep the criminal element from staying in your neighborhood too long!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Herm said:
    This just popped up at a lounge I'm DJing at right now. Great way to keep the criminal element from staying in your neighborhood too long!

Hahaha. Awesome.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Frank said:

our "nobama" t-shirt wearing downstairs neighbor recently changed his wifi id to "Fake President"... I know it's a bit infantile but I just couldn't resist to respond. We're in the process of moving out and I think I'll hide the modem in the air duct before leaving...

And then there's "laura's_network" .... You wonder, What's her agenda?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    The-gaffler said:
    Hahahahaha!

I recently moved house and told my girl first order of biz is find the strongest wifi signal and name ours the same, but put "da_original" in front of it.