Public Enemy - I Shall Not Be Moved

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
anybody heard this yet?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Who did the beat on this? That flip of I Zimbra is fucking INSANE.

EDIT: The shitty sawtooth "dubstep" drops completely fucking ruin it, though. It's like that single they had out a few years ago, Harder Than You Think - there'll be a really interesting or creative sample choice, then they go and undermine it with some bullshit that sucks all the power and momentum out of the track.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

EDIT: The shitty sawtooth "dubstep" drops completely fucking ruin it, though. It's like that single they had out a few years ago, Harder Than You Think - there'll be a really interesting or creative sample choice, then they go and undermine it with some bullshit that sucks all the power and momentum out of the track.

what undermined harder than you think? that shit rules

not really feeling "i shall not be moved". flav sounds like he is just a mpc button punch.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    "Get It In" is pretty hot though. Freddie Foxxx's voice fits in really well with Chuck's.

tripledouble said:
    DocMcCoy said:

what undermined harder than you think? that shit rules

I thought the production was really sloppy. The beat sounded half-finished. Tighter drums and a bit more work, and it would have been an anthem. For me, it kind of typifies the way so many late-period PE records have fallen frustratingly short on a musical level. I guess that's the problem with setting such high standards for yourself.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah the weird "dubstep" switch up threw me off a bit, but i dont really care that much, i still like the track....other track posted by DOR is dope as well imho...

aw man, i dont know. i love that track. the drums hardly even matter...the horns are sick, i like the guitar interlude. this was actually the first PE song in a looong time that i was feeling, cause usually i agree fully with you. but this shit has pretty much been an anthem for me

tripledouble said:
    aw man, i dont know. i love that track. the drums hardly even matter...the horns are sick, i like the guitar interlude. this was actually the first PE song in a looong time that i was feeling, cause usually i agree fully with you. but this shit has pretty much been an anthem for me

I know, I feel like a dick for even splitting hairs over it. Matter of fact, the drums on the sample (0'09'') are kind of busy, so maybe that was as tight as they could have got it anyway.

Fuck it, it's PE. They're allowed to make a shonky record or two.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

I'm pretty sure it was Gary G-Wiz. I like it, except for the dubstep shit you were talking about.

doc, heres a better clip of the bassey joint with the intro

i guess they could have beefed up the drums or something, but the track is real tight to me.