Comments

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    "He was a wonderful, kind and gentle man," said Dr. Drew Pinsky of "Celebrity Rehab," who also appears on CNN sister network HLN. "He was at the center of a maelstrom and was able to maintain dignity and really keep his head high in a way that was an example for all of us."

LOL

• Weird timing considering the anniversary of the riots.
    Possible suicide?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Weird timing considering the anniversary of the riots.
    Possible suicide?

I hope not. That would be incredibly sad.

Kindly,
    parallax

• He was bad on drugs from what I heard, maybe had some in his system before getting in the pool. Whitney Houston type death perhaps?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I thought two of the quotes in the NYT article were incredibly poignant and sad.

???People look at me like I should have been like Malcolm X or Martin Luther King or Rosa Parks,??? he told The Los Angeles Times in April. ???I should have seen life like that and stay out of trouble, and don???t do this and don???t do that. But it???s hard to live up to some people???s expectations.???
    ???It???s taken years to get used to the situation I???m in in life and the weight it holds. One of the cops in the jail said: ???You know what? People are going to know who you are when you???re dead and gone. A hundred years from now, people still going to be talking about you.??? It???s scary, but at the same time it???s a blessing.???

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP