ITT 80's shouts. All pink offset with electric blue and teh deep sunsetsy orange.

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited June 2012 in Strut Central
So far this year has been great for wallowing in my much cherished 80's nostalgia.
In many ways.
Getting the kids hooked on retro gaming was easy and very emotional.
Chuck-e-cheeses, drive ins, coin ops, c64, garbage pail kids, the rock steady crew, tenson, mad graf on the brain, kenner toys, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Like many of us, I lived it and fucking loved it and heartily applaud the graphics on these Drive ost related anoraak joints I've been coming across.

Plaese to add on.

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    goes better with this on a constant loop.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    staxwax said:

This one is great.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Been revisiting this movie quite a bit recently. One of the decade's more underrated cop flicks.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I watched this the other night.

"How about this one?"

"Italian trash... besides, I only steal Porsches."

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Been revisiting this movie quite a bit recently. One of the decade's more underrated cop flicks.

Actually this is a bit of a cult movie. Highly rated in certain circles - especially the car chase is lauded as one of the most epic car chases commited to celluloid. Friedkin is a great director imo.

Popular Mechanics - 10 best Car Chases in Movie History

TIME - The 15 greatest movie car chases of all time

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I was admiring how much 80s-ness was packed into this album cover the other night.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

I always associate "Remo Williams" with "To Live and Die in L.A."... I guess since they were released the same year.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    staxwax said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Actually this is a bit of a cult movie. Highly rated in certain circles - especially the car chase is lauded as one of the most epic car chases commited to celluloid. Friedkin is a great director imo.

Popular Mechanics - 10 best Car Chases in Movie History

TIME - The 15 greatest movie car chases of all time

Yeah, it was a clip of the car chase that hooked me in the first place, and it's since become the car chase by which all others are measured for me. There was a weak attempt at a knock-off in a recent flick, the name of which escapes me now. There's so much more to like about it, though. For instance, it wasn't unusual to see arrogant, corrupt cops depicted in the movies, but for them to be portrayed as hopelessly incompetent fuck-ups into the bargain...that wasn't quite so common.

Dafoe's especially good, and completely plausible as someone smart enough to stay several steps ahead of the cops, yet cold-ass enough to critique someone's taste in ethnographic art before whacking them.

Shout-out to William L. Petersen too, who was also in Manhunter around the same time, a flick which probably more readily fits your "pink offset with electric blue and teh sunsetsy orange" criteria. Pretty cool "moody DX7 presets" soundtrack as well.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I was browsing the collection of an Italian seller on discogs and remembered this thread.