Searching for a track that sounds very similar to Stefano Torossi "Running Fast"

orangefunkorangefunk 14 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Many years ago I heard a great track.. about 7-10 mins long and very similar to the Torossi track which follows.

Same kind of cop chase but more brassy.... longer rhodes solo (the main focus of the tune).

I have it somewhere on an old cassette which I recorded off the radio 15-20 years ago but no cassette player these days..

Can someone help?

It's very library record sounding... like the Torossi.

Many thanks!

Comments

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I wonder if it's "Papillon Rouge" by Paolo Zavallone?

It's similar to Running Fast, but slower tempo.

Kindly,
    parallax

• orangefunkorangefunk 14 Posts
    Hey man, appreciate the reply but I checked it out and its not the track. :(

The track I remember was a similar speed to the Torossi.. had a great long twisting Fender Rhodes solo, maybe wah wah guitar... lots of brass... sounded very British funnily enough... but can't be sure... I've been searching for years now (even though I last played the cassette in my old car in 2007 or so)... might be just as well to get a cassette player and go through all my cassettes and see if Soundhound can locate it...

But if anyone else has any ideas they would be appreciated.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I thought of this one when I read your request, but probably, it's not the one you want.
    Great track, though.

Maybe "Spiral" by Harry Roche Constellation?

Thanks for the answers fellas but still not there... funny that the fender rhodes style of the guy (Alan Branscombe) on the Harry Roche is pretty close though!

I think I could identify it if I heard it.

The only other track that comes to mind, and I know it's not the one you're after, is "Sholongo" by People. It's up on youtube and worth checking out if you love rhodes.

Love that Sholongo track! Its a similar vibe man!

• hugh_lucerohugh_lucero 485 Posts
    Electra Glide in Blue - The Chase !?

yep that is indeed a classic (Watched the film many a time. LOVE IT!) but it's not that one.... gonna get hold of a cassette player tomorrow and hopefully find it... but hey folks keep the guesses coming as its all good music right? ;)

• Guys I found the tune on the tape...

However, I still have no idea who it is... if someone knows let me know!!!

Taken from Jazz FM Radio in 1996.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/762524/mystery_rhodes_funky_jazz_big_band.mp3

Enjoy!!!

(Updated links)

AT LAST!!!!!

FOUND IT

Anthony Rebop Kwaky Bah - Funkum - 1973!!!!

Thank god for Soundhound and Youtube!