Soulstrut Mix Section: Playcounter bugged?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
My impression is the playcounter works incorrectly, at least in combintaion with mixcloud. I have a mix up that has more plays on soultrut than the actual counter in the mixcloud player shows which is impossible, especially because I know many listeners heard it via facebook.
On another mix it's exactly the other way round: No plays on the strut and much more on mixcloud although most of the listeners have been directed to the mix via soulstrut.

Any insight on the issue is appreciated.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The soundclouds and mix clouds are embedded players. What you are seeing is the mix cloud player hits??? vs. SS page views. A spin is basically a page view here on SS.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    So does the soulstrut counter only switch when the mixpage is opened via the mix overview or does it also work when the page is accessed through an external link?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    disco_che said:
    So does the soulstrut counter only switch when the mixpage is opened via the mix overview or does it also work when the page is accessed through an external link?

I have no idea how the mix cloud plays number works??? If it goes up or not if it is embedded on a web page.

The number on the Soul Strut page is "page views" essentially.

The real concern is "when will Mix Cloud embrace HTML5 ?"

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    RAJ said:

The real concern is "when will Mix Cloud embrace HTML5 ?"

Is this the reason why the page layout is fucked each time I post a mixcloud link?