Who did this Maze remix?

YemskyYemsky 709 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
Back in 1993 Maze released an album called "Back to Basics" which included a somng called "Laid Back Girl".
I believe this received a full commercial release as a single, though Discogs is only listing a Promo copy of it.
The song is average bordering on awful in my opinion. It certainly didn't age well, mainly due to the drum sounds used.

It's amazing that this was never commercially available, I think.
What's even more amazing is that this 12" includes no information whatsoever about the remixer / producer behind the job.

Does anyone know who did this remix?

BTW: Discogs and a few other websites show a further Promo sampler featuring The Winans, and Earth, Wind & Fire as well as Maze with "Laid Back Girl" in a remix called "Crumb Cake Mix" I have never heard that record, but I assume it might be the remix mentioned above. Not sure whether the remix title might help....

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ok, apparently the "crumb cake mix" is this mix. on the promo cds it came w and w/o a rap. supposedly it was def jef who did this according to a random ytube commenter? no closer on who produced tho.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i think, i THINK, it might be Meech Wells, son of Bobby Womack. he's did this:

and some remixs for sweet sable, tevin campbell, etc. it's right in his wheelhouse. but why no credit???

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    and he did a patti labelle rmx with def jef. and the sweet sable rmx has def jef too. (man, he really believed in def jef.)

meech is on twitter, give him a shout.