Cleaning Record Covers???

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
I have a few rarers but the cover has some water damage and mold how do I clean that up with out destroying the cover as much as it already is. Can you improve it???

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    PEEL SLOWLY AND SEE

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    i'd try a mix of 1 part bleach and 20 parts distilled water, use a cotton cloth and soak with the solution, wring out the cloth and wipe the record sleeve with the cloth and dry immediately with a dry cotton cloth, if that doesnt remove the mold "rinse and repeat" i used this a few times and it helped me out, you gotta be quick enough to not let the solution soak in, but slow enough to get the mold off...

if you find your covers smell of mold as well, i dug this up from the "not so trusty" interwebs:

Remove the LP and inner sleeve from the jacket. Open the mouth of the LP cover (not too much ??? you don???t want to split seams) and spray a shot of a odor neutralizing product like Oust into the inside of the cover. Make sure you are using an aerosol spray and not a liquid spray. A liquid spray product will wet the inside of the jacket and you run the risk of damaging your cover. Let the LP cover sit overnight. Do not seal it up or close up the opening of the cover. The next day you should notice a lot less of the mildew or storage scent. If the cover needs another dosage, simply repeat the process.
    ^^^^^^cant say i have tried that...