Milwaukee Summerfest 45

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Does anyone know the group that played on this? Milwaukee locals, I'm suspecting.

Comments

• I don't believe it's a local band. Chuck Colbert is listed as the songwriter, and he's definately not from Milwaukee.

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts
    Does anyone have a copy for me?

• I might be able to hook you up. PM with some trades.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Check your PM and let's do business!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    mega heat,

wake up holmes. your record is probably peace by the time you read this post!

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    mega heat,

wake up holmes. your record is probably peace by the time you read this post!
    Way ahead of you thanks TOM.

• Check your PM and let's do business!

Pull out some real records and maybe we can...

Actually, I already told remode it's his to buy.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Pull out some real records

B'damn!

Well, let me know what's up then? I can probably find some REAL records around here somewhere. Maybe, if you sent me a real list we can get down to business?

• I promised it to remode.

I was responding to the wack, dollar bin, major label, semi-commons that we're offered to me by other strutters.

No offense

Didn't offend me brother! If we can work it out then I need to know what your after or I will pay cold cash. If it's gone then it won't be the first time!

• Check your PM and let's do business!

Pull out some real records and maybe we can...

motherfuckers are fiending for this record!!

totally overhyped. this thread has lasted almost 3 days!!

it is a dope break, but nothing more than that.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    It is more than a dope break, it is a legendary piece. There's a lot of hip hop history behind that record. Before the internet took away all the mystery about it, it was almost one of those "does it really exist" type things, like the Bob James without the bells. Far as I know only a few people ever saw it, although it was talked about a lot. "You got the record with the smiley face? That's where The Symphony drums came from."
    I wish Marley would've talk more in depth about the making of his hits in the new book "Rakim Told Me" (required reading, by the way). I really would like to know how he came across the Do It Your Way 45 (although I suppose he copped it at the radio station when he was deejaying).

• This record is not rare. The festival it's attached to attracts 1 million plus visitors a year over 7 days. Even if it was a one day give away at the gate. The pressing numbers have to be huge. The problem around here is that there is another identical looking 45 with a polka track on it. It's easy to ignore them.

Interesting to hear some of the history in terms of the break...

That's where The Symphony drums came from."

exellent, i didn't know that! the break is quite outstanding, not your average ho hum "found" break. a dirty pressing for sure, even a mint copy would sound vg+ due to pressing noise.

and even if it is common, i still haven't found a copy!! and don't expect to anytime soon as i've never laid eyes on it in the last 3-4 years.

This record is not rare.

Cool... I'll give ya a buck if you can hook me up with a copy!

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    For everyone wanting this record I will let you know that I had already asked Neopolitan to buy this weeks before this post ever started.I planned to take the 45 to Summerfest this year and put flyers out there at the festival to see if people still have them laying around.Also I plan to hit up old employees who worked when it came out and figure to show people the actual record would be easier to jog there memory if they had some in a box somewhere.So if all goes as planned and everything works out I will have copies for DEE ROCK,PHIL and any other strutters who might want one for a cheap price instead of people paying stupid money for it.I'm sure there are copies that will turn up so when this happens you guys will be the first I will offer them to. NOW WE CAN END THIS POST

• Or you could call this number

Summerfest-Milw World Festival Inc: Admin Ofc (414) 273-2680

Have at it boys.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yo REMODE, lemme know.
    A HREF=http://media.onwisconsin.com/owlive/maierpolka_short.ram>IMG SRC=http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jun02/sfpolka45_front.gif>
    IMG SRC=http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jun02/sfpolka45_back.gif>/A>

another identical looking 45 with a polka track on it.

oops, Quo beat me to it. Never mind.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I feel stupid.

I'm from wisco and have never heard of this 45 nor, much to my chagrin, do I know what the "symphony" drums are.

Please enlighten me.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    another identical looking 45 with a polka track on it.

oops, Quo beat me to it. Never mind.

Ah, great minds think alike.

Nate:

A HREF=http://sandbox.pair.com/sound/marleymarl_thesymphony.ram>IMG SRC=http://www.720records.com/itemImages/10973.gif>/A>

Like Soulman said, for beatheads this is some mythical shit. Whispers about it have gone around circles since the Roosevelt Ballroom days.

To be honest I'm amazed this hasen't been comped or put out on a Jazzman 45 or somthing yet.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I feel stupid.
    I'm from wisco and have never heard of this 45 nor, much to my chagrin, do I know what the "symphony" drums are.

Please enlighten me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Whoa, Quo. Great minds DO think alike!

Herm

• I feel stupid.

Please enlighten me.

Drums

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    For everyone wanting this record I will let you know that I had already asked Neopolitan to buy this weeks before this post ever started.I planned to take the 45 to Summerfest this year and put flyers out there at the festival to see if people still have them laying around.Also I plan to hit up old employees who worked when it came out and figure to show people the actual record would be easier to jog there memory if they had some in a box somewhere.So if all goes as planned and everything works out I will have copies for DEE ROCK,PHIL and any other strutters who might want one for a cheap price instead of people paying stupid money for it.I'm sure there are copies that will turn up so when this happens you guys will be the first I will offer them to. NOW WE CAN END THIS POST

Homie, the game is to be sold not told to "Nerdstrut".

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I feel stupid.

Please enlighten me.

You made my day wih that shit!

Like Soulman said, for beatheads this is some mythical shit. Whispers about it have gone around circles since the Roosevelt Ballroom days.
    To be honest I'm amazed this hasen't been comped or put out on a Jazzman 45 or somthing yet.

Probably because the rest of the song after the break is pretty (although I personally like it a little bit, wack as it may be). With the "Fuk A Brake" attitude that's out here these days, I doubt that many people would even be interested in it if it was on a comp.