DO NOT see Dark Shadows

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
worst movie ever
i went on a whim last night without having seen the trailer. it was an absolute piece of shit with a script that seemed to be written by a team of tenth graders. it was like a borat, beetlejuice, night before christmas mish mosh of corny jokes, horrible acting, and shit story. wouldnt even work as a campy low budget movie

even if you get free tickets, DO NOT go
wretched wretched painful bullshit
me and my two friends did laugh a little but it was all at ourseleves. we thought we were on candid camera

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I never understood the Cult Of Johnny Depp.

I still need to see Deadman.

Im just so sick of the "dark" Edward Scissorhands/Alice in WonderLand/Wille Wonka Spooky Dark Makeup thing.

And who the fusk cosigned Depp to play Tonto in the Lone Ranger. I might skip that shit just because of the choice.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    batmon said:

I just so sick of the "dark" Edward Scissorhands/Alice in WonderLand/Wille Wonka Spooky Dark Makeup thing.

I agree.

Just saw "The Rum Diaries" this week via netflix dvd, cool story bro, it actually could had been just as good without Depp imo.
    Some wierd editing was done on that film, I don't know if he was tryin' to mess with the viewers mind with sudden breaks in the film, i.e. climax to sudden stop in parts. If you seen the film, and know the corvette scene, which is badass btw, you know what I mean. Damn, if Amber Heard looks delicious in that film. For those who love early 60's beach style vibe, this film is for you.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:

And who the fusk cosigned Depp to play Tonto in the Lone Ranger. I might skip that shit just because of the choice.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off by this casting choice. There are Native American actors out there who could've gotten either a big break or great role from this instead of casting Depp. And that's coming from someone who likes Depp.

Thymebomb13 said:
    The_Non said:
    batmon said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed off by this casting choice. There are Native American actors out there who could've gotten either a big break or great role from this instead of casting Depp. And that's coming from someone who likes Depp.

Depp's been saying for years that he's part Cherokee.

"I got Indian in me"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I find Tim Burton movies painfully unwatchable in general.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i can't believe the amount of promotion and adverts they spent promoting this terd
    even billboards and signs up in the gully-est of hoods
    based just on that i had a feeling it would suck
    ed wood was enjoyable
    but man ??????.burton and depp at this point are really scraping the bottom of the barrel
    they mangled willy wonka into unwatchable-not even worth fast forwarding thru mess

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    I think Depp and Burton should start seeing other people.

kala said:
    i can't believe the amount of promotion and adverts they spent promoting this terd
    even billboards and signs up in the gully-est of hoods

yeah, i gound that kinda wierd.

I saw a medium sized billboard across from the 'jects in Queens.

• batmon said:
    "I got Indian in me"

:pasue:

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    kala said:
    they mangled willy wonka into unwatchable-not even worth fast forwarding thru mess

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    batmon said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    The_Non said:
    batmon said:

Depp's been saying for years that he's part Cherokee.

"I got Indian in me"

"Just a little bit?"