School Me on New Go-Go

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
i imagine i'm like most non DC residents, i know trouble funk, chuck brown (rip) rare essence, junkyard band etc. whats poppin RIGHT NOW? who are the new headliners of Go-Go?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Are there any DC strutters. Ive dont recall any cats here.

Good questionn though.......and are albums still being made.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i think the gaffler was dc. thats the only one i can recall off hand.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    THE DC Go-Go website. You can find all current info here......

http://www.tmottgogo.com/

• I'm from DC, but it's been a good while since I've really paid attention to go-go. But everytime I was down around Howard and walked down to Florida Avenue I would hear this mobile phone shop blast some new go-go with bands doing covers of pop songs. Other than the obvious Backyard Band, Rare Essence and the Late Chuck Brown, most of the go-go bands I know were nothing but letters.

The band names that scroll at the bottom are all real bands, minus the last one of course.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    from

• batmon said:
    from

Northwest DC right off of Missouri Avenue, although I was born and raised mostly from Southeast.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    But everytime I was down around Howard and walked down to Florida Avenue I would hear this mobile phone shop blast some new go-go with bands doing covers of pop songs.

Haha, Steady Pagin' or "Central Communications" as it's called now. I'm also pretty sure it's in the opening credits to "Something Like a Job" too.

[^^ notice the two sharing the Thug Passion in the background :raw: ^^]

the yunggins..

and still crankin...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Bunch of DC Strutters.
    One has a record shop, no?
    Secret Chimp, Vitamin, Neil, Cousin Larry?, Delay...