Is This Shit for Real?!?!

TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/blogs/sideshow/another-heart-attack-grill-customer-collapses-while-eating-191647836.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

Another ???Heart Attack Grill??? customer collapses while eating ???bypass burger???
Tue, 24th Apr 2012 07:16 PM

No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.

A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.

The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest. Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a "quadruple bypass" burger.

The Heart Attack Grill's owner Jon Basso tells ABC News that the woman is currently recovering in the hospital. Basso told ABC that he himself has eaten at least one single bypass burger each day since his restaurant first opened seven years ago.

"It's a lifestyle issue," Basso said. "We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers."

The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds and features a butterfat milkshake, nonfiltered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of "a single bypass" to the "quadruple bypass."

There's a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk. Waitresses in the restaurant even wear nurses' uniforms.

Last year, the company's 600-pound spokes-model died when he was only 29-years-old.

"It's the Mecca for unhealthy lifestyles," Bosso said.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    You can smoke in restaurants?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Off topic, but still to be filed under "Is This For Real??" (sorry to hijack)

The water I was drinking came out of my nose.

NSFW

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    lucky kid

;blap:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ha, the fact that you find that image NSFW is ironically partially what that story is about.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I think it's weird when people are creeped out by breast feeding. I had an ex that freaked out whenever she saw a woman breast feeding in public.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I get wierded out whenever I see anyone doing ANY kind of "feeding" in public.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    The fact that the kid is up on a chair and that the mom is kind of short makes it look likte the kid is alot taller and older than he actually may be, which makes the photo very shocking at first.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    I know that kid!!!!

That is NOT his mom either!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    jjfad027 said:
    I think it's weird when people are creeped out by breast feeding. I had an ex that freaked out whenever she saw a woman breast feeding in public.

Breast feeding a kid that is old enough to be in kindergarten/elementary school is freaky. An infant, a toddler, fine...but a kid that can brush his/her own teeth is fucked up.

• TheKindCromang said:
    I know that kid!!!!

Who's at fault here? That kid is awesome....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Breast feeding a kid that is old enough to be in kindergarten/elementary school is freaky. An infant, a toddler, fine...but a kid that can brush his/her own teeth is fucked up.

^^^This x 100

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    I know that kid!!!!

i just looked at the kid's face with this in mind and laughed my ass off.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    has anyone eaten at that burger place?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    has anyone eaten at that burger place?

It's real....but I've never been.

There is one here in Dallas....the owner used to be in the weight loss/fitness business.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yep, that kid is set to be king of his junior high with that pic.

Wish I had something like that I coulda broke out on fools.

And that ain't even my mom...bladao!

mannybolone said:
    Ha, the fact that you find that image NSFW is ironically partially what that story is about.

Nice wording.
    I am trying to respect the folks who are clicking on this thread and not put them in a weird position - people have caught shit for less. It has nothing to do with how I feel about it.
    I am not going to assume anything about where anyone works and what is acceptable or not acceptable should someone walk by their monitor.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    I know that kid!!!!

Nice try:
    http://gawker.com/breastfeeding/

hogginthefogg said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    I know that kid!!!!

Nice try:
    http://gawker.com/breastfeeding/

"I'm going take Jamie's side on this thing, in part because I find it inspiring that one could bear a child and breastfeed for years on end, and still look that cute."

lmho - wow.