krumping (related music)

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
I'm djing at a street dance convention this weekend.
I played the same event when it rolled through town a couple of years ago, playing in the foyer for the circles that spark off.
This year I've been asked if I can bring some krumping related music too as krumping will be represented at the event this year.
Honestly I know nothing about krumping, I'm aware of its existence but that's about it.
Checked some YouTube clips and a lot of the music seems to be RnB also a lit of southern rap.

Anyone able to define the sound to me? I don't have a clue to be honest.
I've no shortage of bboy / popping relevant tunes, can they just Krump to those ?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BAN

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Snoop's "I Wanna Rock" is a good one. Also, look up some crew named J-Squad. I used to DJ for a Hip Hop dance crew who were also teachers. They'd have an annual recital of sorts where their students would show off routines and have B-Boy and Krump battles. Never really understood Krumping, but I always had to be prepared with the music (which I also never understood).

When do you need it by? Give me your email address and I can send you some songs I have that were made specifically for Krumping. Trust me, they're not songs you'll wanna hear outside of this battle you're playing.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Oops, just re-read that it's this weekend. I'm on vacation right now but I can try and send you a zip when I get back to the hotel room later tonight.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Herm said:
    Oops, just re-read that it's this weekend. I'm on vacation right now but I can try and send you a zip when I get back to the hotel room later tonight.

Hey Herm, thanks very much for your kind offer.
    I actually play off vinyl only so I was more hoping to find some tunes with the suitable feel in my own collection. I'll check out the recommendations you have given and take it from there. Thanks again for the kind offer, if I played of CDs or Laptop I'd have jumped at the chance. There are 3 other DJs representing so there's a chance those guys can take care of the Krumping battles.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    batmon said:
    BAN

Nice my first BAN ever.
    Please do tell how I qualified.