hello...

calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
edited May 2012 in Strut Central
So i realized that i have never introduced myself here on the board...sorry for my ignorance, this is pretty much the only forum that i have ever checked out or tried to take part in and I never thought to do that. Im from Ottawa, Canada and ive been Djing and buying records since about '96. Started with hiphop but always liked all kinds of music since i was a kid...dad has quite a nice collection so i started going through it and finding good stuff, mostly jazz and funk and some nice originals and all that which got me started in going out and trying to find more like it, which as we know leads to becoming more open to other kinds of music. I love this site and have learned a lot from it and try to contribute when i can, but where i live you dont find too many rares (though i did find 2 Les DeMerles in one day once) . Oh yeah i prefer Off the Wall to Thriller.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge of good music.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Welcome.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    howdy!

• Welcome!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Nice to have you here, welcome!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :hi:

• leonleon 883 Posts
    calkuta said:
    Oh yeah i prefer Bad to Thriller.

Welcome, and don't be scared to go against the grain sometimes... it's all fun and games up in here.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    leon said:
    calkuta said:

Welcome, and don't be scared to go against the grain sometimes... it's all fun and games up in here.

yes of course sir, i was under the impression that this was an ultimatum of sorts where one must choose between Thriller/Off the Wall...in the event that i have a choice of any MJ lp, it would be Got To Be There or Off the Wall.

• Ahoy-hoy, I never explained my name to anyone here until now; my parents were Scotch/Romainian... I don't shower much...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    leon said:
    calkuta said:

Dangerous Fan