2»

Comments

• for you east coast hatters that didnt think it could get any worse, i once saw abstract rude and he had some interpretive dancers on stage while he sang-rappered. i had to step outside and kick the hackey sack around.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Since we're bringing up music videos, and Chan you might have some... who has any old episodes of Bombshelter Videos (which aired on KSTW-11)? Bill Bored was great, and it was the only way those of us on the East side of the state could see music from Seattle, or at least those who made videos. It seems so long ago, but there was a time when Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock's "It Takes Two" was considered "alternative", and yet that song set the trend for the more dance-oriented hip-hop for the next five years.

My favorite commercial from Bombshelter Videos was when The Accused did one for, I think, Time Travelers. I always wanted that Yellow Quik T-shirt.

• for you east coast hatters that didnt think it could get any worse, i once saw abstract rude and he had some interpretive dancers on stage while he sang-rappered. i had to step outside and kick the hackey sack around.

hah i saw those dancers once... i think it was a couple years ago when he was opening for Latyrx at El Rey...

but yeah, its too bad hip-hop acts dont allow their dancers to have much personality any more... if anything, its all about the choreographers now (at least on the "making of the video" tip). plus their roles as sidemen have been replaced by the entourage/posse/unit phenomenon.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    for you east coast hatters that didnt think it could get any worse, i once saw abstract rude and he had some interpretive dancers on stage while he sang-rappered. i had to step outside and kick the hackey sack around.

basically the whole Abstract Tribe Unique crew is Ab and two dancers as far as I can tell. They are an integral part of that group for some reason. Orion and Zion or Moonbeam or something...hacky sack material for sure.