Dubliners or Dr Octagynocologist? (kool keith vs James Joyce related)

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Haha! That was good!

I did lousy - 5 out of 10.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    There's something wrong with that test. It gave me 0 out of 10, but one of the quotes was Nurse with the Voodoo curse - I fucking know that's Dr Octagon. What gives?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    There's something wrong with that test. It gave me 0 out of 10, but one of the quotes was Nurse with the Voodoo curse - I fucking know that's Dr Octagon. What gives?

yeah, i got the same thing the first time around, but took it again and it seemed ot work.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    10 out of 10 like what!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Mediocre 7

"Kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Rigged! I guess I'll try again.

• bsuwolfbsuwolf 83 Posts
    Yeah, I have tried the test like 8 times and I always get 0 out of 10. Just like above, I know that "nurse with the voodoo curse" is Kool Keith.

• I had to try this out. Got a 9 out of 10 on the first try. I could've sworn that "Kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump." was a Keith verse. I'm going to have to read Ulysses now.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    9/10

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I had to try this out. Got a 9 out of 10 on the first try. I could've sworn that "Kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump." was a Keith verse. I'm going to have to read Ulysses now.

same score. same one wrong

Pistol_Pete said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I had to try this out. Got a 9 out of 10 on the first try. I could've sworn that "Kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump." was a Keith verse. I'm going to have to read Ulysses now.

same score. same one wrong

Joyce was an ass man too. He also liked farts. http://loveletters.tribe.net/thread/fce72385-b146-4bf2-9d2e-0dfa6ac7142d

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ugh, those letters were like joyce's version of sex style. with a lot more farts.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I recall hearing somewhere that Ulysses was Joyce's practical joke on the literary critics of his day, where he intentionally wrote in a ridiculous, over-the-top style just to demonstrate that the critics would kiss his ass and call it genius no matter what he did.

If so, that's my kind of guy.

SIRUS said:
    ugh, those letters were like joyce's version of sex style. with a lot more farts.

"My sweet naughty little fuckbird."